Audiowerkstatt bhas introduced MIDI Restarter – a new MIDI controller that lets you start or stop your hardware MIDI-slave, independent of your MIDI-master, but alway in perfect sync. Continue reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5db_Lx5D0 Vengeance Sound has released Glitch Bitch – a new effects plugin for Mac & Windows that’s the say offers “the craziest glitch and stutter effects you ever heard”. Continue reading
Native Instruments has introduced Rise & Hit, a new instrument that they say is ‘the first instrument designed uniquely for expressive build-ups.” Continue reading
Sunsine Audio has introduced the Harmonic Decoder - a new effect pedal that can sound like a fuzz, an octave/harmony pedal, a filter/wah, a complex waveshaper or some crazy bent 8-bit glitch box.
All of its effects are derived from an analog VCO, a phase detector, and a simple filter in an arrangement known as a Phase Lock Loop. At the heart of the Harmonic Decoder is a true single oscillator analog synthesizer. It effectively resynthesizes any signal delivered at the input, providing extreme waveshaping and harmonic effects in the analog domain.
The frequency of the VCO can be modulated either by the internal envelope follower or via the external control voltage input.
Here’s a video demo of the Harmonic Decoder in action: Continue reading
When Akai Pro released the iMPC iPad music production center, a lot of Synthtopia readers were left wanting more. The app was fun, but it didn’t offer the full capabilities of even old-school MPCs.
Rob Papen has introduced the eXplorer-III - a collection that brings together all 11 of his products:
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
KVR has announced the 2014 KVR Developer Challenge – a contest to create a new free audio plug-in, application or sound library.
It’s sort of like the Olympics of free music software and soundware.
Anyone can enter. KVR members will vote on the entries and pick the winner. Continue reading