ADDAC Systems has introduced an interesting new module that brings wireless Bluetooth audio straight to your modular synthesizer. Continue reading
Elektron has released Unmechanical, a free sound library for the Analog Keys and Analog Four synthesizers. Continue reading
Spektro Audio has updated CV Toolkit – a Mac/Windows app that’s designed to let you integrate your computer as a control voltage source with hardware modular synthesizers.
The new update includes five new modules (Shift Register, Shaper, Delay, PWM Clock, and Euclidean Sequencer), support for the Expert Sleepers ES-4, ES-40, ESX-4CV, and ESX-8CV modules (still in an experimental stage but working fine according to my tests), a new pitch detection algorithm that vastly improves VCO calibration, and various improvements and bug fixes.
Here are details on the new modules: Continue reading
Composer Tod Dockstader (1932-2015) died yesterday at the age of 82.
Dockstader was a self-taught musician and he event went so far as to call his work ‘organized sound‘ (like Edgar Varése), to distinguish it as something different than traditional composition. Continue reading
Tasty Chips has introduced the Saw Bench Synthesizer – a portable and affordable monophonic synthesizer, with a 100% analog signal path
- Small and portable, yet ergonomic. Focus on hands-on controls with good grouping and spacing.
- A four-pole diode ladder VCF, with high resonance and even self-oscillation
- Separate ADSR envelopes for VCA and VCF
- LFO with 3 waveforms, plus a Sample & Hold, for VCF
- Frequency Modulation for deep growling bass sounds
- Manual controls such for Env and LFO enable, waveform selection, ADSR mode /
- LFO switching
- MIDI controls of all digital features (envelopes, VCF cutoff, LFO, etc)
- Sturdy metal casing.
Here’s a video demo: Continue reading
zerodebug has introduced midimux for iOS – a new app that talks MIDI to your Mac, using the standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux is the first of a planned pair of apps, with audiomux following, that promise to route both midi and audio over your device’s USB cable.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the computer on the connected iOS devices.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the iOS devices on the Mac.
- Lets you create custom virtual Ports that can be used by both sides of the connection to communicate.
- does it all via a wired usb connection – using the standard charge & sync cable.
- works on all iDevices from iOS 5.
Developer Sascha Bienert has introduced MC Studio – a powerful digital multichannel real-time audio monitoring and analyzing toolbox for your iPad or iPhone
MC Studio includes an analyzer, oscilloscope, goniometer and a full scale level meter
It displays signals from the internal microphones as well as the 3.5 mm audio jack. In combination with an external multichannel USB-audio-interface it is capable of displaying even up to 8 channels simultaneously.
MC Studio also fully supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio. Continue reading