New from Alesis, the PlayMate Vocalist is a vocal remover and microphone processor with a built-in CD player.
The PlayMate, released at the 2003 NAMM show, can adjust music tempo and pitch independently. The PlayMate also strips vocals from virtually any stereo CD. This allows a vocalist to always sing any song in the optimal key, adjust the tempo to change the feel of the music, slow down complex passages for easy learning, and practice singing in different key ranges and tempos.
The PlayMate Vocalist also includes 100 high-quality reverb algorithms, allowing the singer to match the ambiance of the music, or use reverb effects more creatively. The PlayMate is great for vocal performance, music education, and karaoke applications.
- Remove vocals from any CD
- Built-in CD player with independent control over pitch and tempo
- Transpose music ±7 semitones (half-steps), and adjust pitch ±18%
- Adjust tempo from 50% to 150%
- Digital vocal effects processor with selection of reverbs to match any ambiance
- XLR microphone input
- 1/4″ direct input (bypasses effects processing)
- 1/4″ stereo line out
- Two 1/4″ headphone outputs
- Microphone/CD balance control
- Intuitive loop operation
- Internal power supply