Korg has introduced the new AX10G, a compact multi-effect processor that packs a ton of dead-on amp and effect models generated using Korg’s “REMS” modeling technology. It comes with a built-in expression pedal for realtime control of your sound.
Other interesting features are:
- Eleven accurately crafted guitar models generated by Korg’s “REMS” technology
- 26 carefully-selected effects delivering a wide range of tonal variation
- 40 preset programs covering all musical styles, plus 40 user-editable locations
- Two models – the AX10G for guitar and the AX10B for bass
- Expression pedal for realtime control
- Knob-based interface for intuitive control, and a simple panel layout
- Tap switch for easy setting of delay time and other functions
- AMP/LINE select switch for connection to amp, mixer, MTR, or any other destination
- Built-in Korg Chromatic Auto Tuner with mute function
- Compact, portable design that fits into the pocket of your gig bag
- “Program Lock Hold” function eliminates accidental knob turning during on-stage use
- Two-way power supply: runs on battery or AC adapter
The AX10G joins the ToneWorks lineup of multi-effect units, with a wide variety of accurate amp and effect models generated using Korg’s acclaimed “REMS” modeling technology. Packed with effects, this compact unit delivers an extremely wide tonal palette.
Accurate modeling powered by “REMS” modeling technology
The AX10G delivers a wide range of realistic amp and effect sounds powered by the “REMS” modeling technology. It features amps ranging from rare and vintage models to high-end amps, plus effects that rival stand-alone processing units.
The AX10G – for the guitarist
The AX10G provides eleven amp and distortion models ranging from warm, fat tube amps to extreme fuzz. It also provides eleven modulation-type effects such as chorus and tremolo, plus eleven ambience effects including delay and reverb. Additional effects such as feedback, acoustic simulation, rotary speaker, and even tape echo are all reproduced.
Eighty programs for instant tonal variety
(40 preset / 40 user)
The AX10G lets you use up to one amp plus four effect models simultaneously, providing a huge sound variety. Forty preset programs are built-in so you can just plug in and play. They cover a wide range of styles and playing techniques, plus you can edit and save your own settings as forty user programs.
Expression pedal for limitless expressive power
The AX10G has a built-in expression pedal that lets you control a wide variety of effect parameters. You can use the pedal in familiar ways to control effects like wah and volume or to modulate the speed of a chorus or flanger. The feedback effect can be controlled by the expression pedal and a pedal pitch shifter effect lets you smoothly change the pitch up or down a maximum of one octave (there’s also a special mode for stepped pitch change). The color of the LED tells you at a glance whether the effect is assigned to volume, wah (octave), modulation, or ambience.
Knob-based interface for intuitive control
The amp model, modulation effect, and ambience effect settings each have a dedicated select knob for instant access. The parameters of the amp model can also be intuitively edited using knobs, just as on the original amp. The panel layout of each effect makes the signal flow clear and easily understandable; preamp -> amp -> modulation -> ambience.
Other functions to support the guitarist
The AMP/LINE select switch lets you send the optimal signal to any destination – a guitar amp, mixer, or multi-track recording system. There’s a built-in Korg Chromatic Auto Tuner with a Mute function, ideal for on-stage tuning. Since the AX10G is compact enough to fit in the pocket of your gig bag, it’s easy to carry to any gig or session. With a headphone connector and 18 hours of continuous use on battery power, you can enjoy high-quality sound anywhere and anytime.
AX10G: Built-in Effects
- PRE FX(3): COMP, WAH/A.WAH, ACOUSTIC
- AMP TYPE(11): EQ, BTQ CLN, BLK212, TWD410, AC15, AC30TB, UK’70S, UK’80S, UK MDN, RECTO, FUZZ
- MODULATION(11): CHORUS, FLANGE, PHASER, TREM, ROTARY, FEEDBK, PITCH1, FILTER, U-VIBE, TALK, PITCH2
- AMBIENCE(11), SLAP, ECHO1, ECHO2, PP DLY, MULTI, AIR, ROOM, HALL, PLATE, SPRING
- NR (Noise Reduction)
Additional information is available at http://www.korg.com.