Clavia has announced two updates to the Nord Modular. In July, it will release version 1.20 of the Nord Modular G2 software. It also will be releaseing the G2x, a 5-octave version of the Modular G2 keyboard.
New G2 OS v1.20
- Supports Mac OSX
- New graphics
- Supports the new 5-octave model G2X
- Some new modules have been added:
- Metallic Noise Oscillator and Noise Oscillator.
- FM operator and DX router are great for creating sounds of the eighties.
- A new group, Random, is included. 6 new modules that are very helpful for adding more “life” to your patches. Help you get an organic retro feel. Also for algorithmic composition etc.
- Pitch Shifter and Scratch are added to the list of effects.
- MIDI Control Automate supports even more flexible MIDI setups.
- Several bug fixes, which especially improves MIDI synchronization.
- New function added. Tools/Deassign All MIDI, clears MIDI assignments.
- New function, Synth/Dump One. Equivalent to Dump One in the instrument’s menu.
Nord Modular G2X
The following features are specific for the G2X:
- 5-octaves, semi-weighted keyboard.
- 3 modulation wheels with built in LEDs.
- Top panel mounted XLR microphone input.
- Shipped with gooseneck microphone.
- Features a built in voice expansion that gives the G2X twice the processing power as the other models (G2 and Engine).
The G2 OS/Editor v1.20 is free of charge when downloaded from the Clavia site. The G2X will retail for approximately US $3,500.