Zero-G is now shipping Altered States, a Native Instruments-powered virtual instrument.
Altered States is a vast and powerful new plug-in VST powered by a custom Native Instruments Audio Engine (VST 2.0, DXi, ASIO, AU, RTAS, Mac & PC). The instrument features an enormous data set (almost 5 Gb, with 3499 instrument patches and thousands of unique source sounds).
Much of sample data in Altered States is brand new, and much is from highly-acclaimed and award-winning Zero-G libraries never before available in this format. All sounds have been reorganised and re-categorized from the original ten incorporated Zero-G libraries and integrated with over a gigabyte of outstanding brand new material.
The sound library includes thousands of loops and all are presented in sliced format (via the NI INTAKT Beat Machine) or via the Time Machine, so they will automatically sync to songs, and you can apply sound-shaping to each slice.
The contents of all of the following 10 libraries, all of which scored either 4 or 5 stars in review in Sound On Sound magazine (UK), are integrated into this powerful instrument:
- Zero-G Ambient Volume 1
- Zero-G Ambient Volume 2 (and ProSamples Volume 36 ‘Chillout’)
- Zero-G Cuckooland Unhinged
- Zero-G Cuckooland Ghost In The Machine
- Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum (and ProSamples Volume 6 ‘Experimental & FX’)
- Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience
- Zero-G Malice In Wonderland
- Zero-G Fields of Motion (and ProSamples Volume 9 ‘Future Beats 2’)
- Zero-G Junk Percussion
- Zero-G Dream Zone (from Creative Essentials)
- Ibiza Chillout (approx 1 Gb of extra brand new material)
The programming, conversion, and organisation of this product has been carried out by Ian Boddy, one of Europe’s most celebrated synthesists, and has been designed to be as user friendly and logically creative as possible.
Zero-G calls Altered States “the single most powerfully creative sample-based virtual instrument ever created”. This claim is supported by the VST’s extremely large and incredibly diverse library of sounds; the software interface, created by Native Instruments, leaders in software synthesis; its engine, based on the KONTAKT audio engine; and all the sounds can also be loaded into NI Kontakt or NI Intakt if desired. The loops, the LFOs and the FX can be automatically synced to the tempo of your song.
The library is presented within a plug-in interface by Native Instruments, which is specifically optimized for, among other things, rhythmic loop playback, manipulation, and creative mayhem. The convenient one-screen interface (a version of NI Intakt) provides tremendous sound shaping abilities, including a first-class multimode filter, an envelope follower, two LFOs, effects, and much more. All of the loops in the library have been set up so that they can be automatically synced to tempo, either via the Beat Machine or the Time Machine. The Beat Machine has loops divided into their individual hits (slices) which means they can be played at a wide range of tempos without change in pitch. It also allows the user to give each hit individual settings for pitch, playback direction, pitch envelope, amp envelope, distortion, delay, and more; a MIDI file of each loop can be easily exported.
Almost 5 Gigabytes of world-class uniquely creative rhythm loops, instruments & samples produced by multi award winning sound designers Ian Boddy, Cuckooland, and others, including 3499 instrument patches.
Features of NI Interface:
- Access to individual hits (slices) within loops
- Easy and intuitive user interface
- User interface is a version of Native Instruments’ INTAKT, whose engine is based on KONTAKT, the world’s finest software sampling engine
- Loops use one or more of the three sampler-modes: Beat Machine with ISE (Individual Slice Edit), Time Machine and standard Sampler mode
- Easy synchronization of loops to MIDI tempo
- MIDI file export permits groove, accent, and feel manipulation in any host sequencer
- Integrated effects: Group filter including low-pass, high-pass, band-reject or band-pass modes, global filter, lo-fi, distortion, syncable delay
- Modulation section provides AHDSR envelope, two individual syncable LFOs, envelope follower and a DBD pitch envelope
- Total Recall
- Sound Library can also be loaded into other Native Instruments samplers including INTAKT, or KONTAKT version 1.5 or later, for even greater flexibility and more options for working with the material
- Supported Interfaces: VST® 2.0, DXi, ASIO, Audio Units, Core Audio, RTAS
Recommended Retail Price
$349.95 (US Dollars), 279 Euro, £199 pounds sterling (including VAT)
Windows XP, Pentium III/ Athlon 400 MHz, 256 MB RAM Mac OSX, G3 500 MHz, 256 MB RAM
Windows XP, Pentium III/ Athlon 700 MHz, 512 MB
Mac OSX, G4 733, 512 MB