Spectrasonics has released new updates of their award-winning virtual instrument plug-ins Trilogy and Atmosphere that now include syncable LFOs The plug-ins are available for registered owners as a free download from the Spectrasonics website.
“We’re very pleased to be able to offer our customers’ number one requested feature to these instruments as a free update,” said Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, Eric Persing. “People will love the new possibilities of creating interesting new rhythmic textures and pulsing effects.”
The syncable LFOs allow a host program such as Pro Tools™, Cubase SX, Digital Performer, Garage Band or Logic to send tempo information to the plug-in and have the LFO rate “locked” to the feel of the music. Pulsing effects, auto-panning, and rhythmic percussive effects all synced to the host’s tempo, for example, can be easily created with these new versions. Atmosphere’s vast core library notably benefits from syncable LFOs, as well as Trilogy’s massive synth bass sounds.
The new 1.2 versions of Trilogy and Atmosphere also include numerous software code improvements, adding more stability, efficiency and compatibility for a wide variety of Macintosh OSX, and Windows host applications. In addition, Spectrasonics has also released a new version 1.1 update for its classic Stylus -Vinyl Groove Module, which benefits from these same code improvements.
- New Feature: LFO Sync! (Atmosphere/Trilogy)
- Up to 192k sample rates now supported
- OS X: VST version fixes an issue with CUBASE SX2, you do not have to depress the control key any more in order to type the response code to the challenge in the authorization window.
- Windows: New RTAS-HTDM (ProTools) Plug-In version added.
- Windows: P4 denormalization issues with certain systems fixed
- Windows: LFO 3&4 pan “crackling on some systems” bug fixed
- Windows: Sonar sustain pedal “stuck notes” problem fixed
- Windows: Improved host compatibility
- Windows: Performance optimizations
- Windows: Shortcuts are now taken into account allowing the user to put the “.dat” file wherever you want on your hard drive. Spectramove utility is no longer necessary.
- OS9: No longer supported for new versions
Spectrasonics’ Atmosphere Dream Synth Module plug-in is a sample-based, dual-layer synthesizer module with over one thousand unique sounds and layer elements, that can be manipulated with its powerful and intuitive interface for shaping new textures. Over one million layer combinations are available for an extraordinary range of sonic colors.
The company’s Spectrasonics’ Trilogy Total Bass Module plug-in is the only virtual instrument plug-in of its kind that specializes in powerful realizations of all three categories of bass sounds: acoustic bass, electric bass guitar and synthesizer bass. Unique features like True Staccato, Release Triggering and Trilogy’s Dual-Layer architecture offer unparalleled realism and expressive capabilities.
The Stylus Vinyl Groove Module plug-in integrates a massive core library of thousands of cutting-edge groove elements, loops and samples, with a powerful user interface for creating completely new grooves. Stylus utilizes Spectrasonics’ unique “Groove Control™” feature offering dynamic pitch, tempo and feel changes to mix and match grooves to create endless rhythmic possibilities.
The 32-bit plug-ins offer massive 3-gigabyte core libraries and have powerful, yet simple to use interfaces for customizing sounds with onboard multi-mode resonant filters, envelopes for pitch, filter and amplitude, matrix-style modulation routing, parameter automation, new multiple syncable LFOs and more. Each plug-in has total recall of all settings using a host sequencing program.
All three plug-in updates are free to registered owners and can be downloaded from the Spectrasonics website.