V5 continues Waves’ tradition of keeping its processors up to date with the latest technology. V5 has a great compliment of new features including: HTDM Support for all TDM Plug Ins, Pro Tools 6.4 support, Updated Host Support, Updated control surface Mapping support, Host Tempo Sync, Expanded WIN XP Support, Mac GUI Acceleration, HD ACCEL Support for XP, Expanded High sample rate, MIDI Instrument Control.
- Tempo Sync – Four plug-ins have been upgraded with a new feature of automatic tempo sync. The plug-ins are: Enigma, MetaFlanger, MondoMod and SuperTap. The new functionality enables those plug-ins to lock to the host application’s tempo and tie the relevant controls to that externally controlled tempo. For more support information click here.
- Morphoder MIDI Control – Morphoder, part of the Transform bundle, now becomes a true virtual instrument. In all supported host applications you will be able to assign a MIDI track output to an open instance of the Morphoder and play its internal carrier from a MIDI track using recorded MIDI data or live playback from a MIDI controller.
- Waves 360° Bundle for Windows – The Waves 360° Surround Tools Bundle is now available for ProTools TDM running on Windows.
- Waves 360° Bundle – Native – On both Mac & PC TDM systems, the Waves 360° Bundle now supports Native processing, running as RTAS & HTDM.
- HTDM Support – All Waves TDM plug-ins now support Digidesign’s HTDM architecture, enabling Native processing while maintaining important TDM functionalities such as changing a track’s number of outputs (mono ->stereo, mono/stereo ->surround), inserting a plug-in on Aux and/or Master tracks and more.
Note! – ProTools TDM 6.4cs4 update is required for HTDM support http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/
- HD Accel Support for Windows – Digidesign’s new HD Accel hardware is now supported for Windows.
- 96kHz Support On HD Accel – Several plug-ins are now supported at 96kHz sample rate on Digidesign’s new HD Accel DSP cards.
- The enhanced plug-ins are: C4, SuperTap*, Morphoder, LinMB, LinEQ (Broadband Mono component only). * SuperTap is now also supported up to 192khz in Native process.
- Digi 002 and Command/8 Control Surface support – All Waves plug-ins are now officially mapped to Digidesign’s Digi 002 and Command|8 control surfaces.
- Automatic Delay Compensation support for Pro Tools – All Waves plug-ins are adapted to support the new Automatic Delay Compensation feature in ProTools 6.4