Audio-Technica used the Summer NAMM Show to launch its new line of Pro Series microphones.
This wide range of vocal and instrument mics comprises both dynamic and condenser models in handheld and specialty designs. The introduction of the comprehensive new Pro Series underscores Audio-Technica’s commitment to leading the market in the ongoing development of innovative transducer technology. Designed with high-performance specifications for clarity, volume, durability, and ease of operation, the cost-effective Pro Series microphones also feature the legendary reliability that is the result of Audio-Technica’s stringent engineering and manufacturing standards.
The Pro Series line comprises 11 models: the PRO 31/PRO 31QTR Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphones; PRO 41 Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone; PRO 61 Hypercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone; PRO 63 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone; PRO 25ax Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone; PRO 35ax Cardioid Condenser Clip-on Instrument Microphone; PRO 70 Cardioid Condenser Lavalier/Instrument Microphone; PRO 8HEx Hypercardioid Dynamic Headworn Microphone; PRO 24 Stereo Condenser Microphone; and PRO 37 Small-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone.
The rugged Pro Series vocal microphones set price/performance standards for intelligibility, clear sound, and high gain before feedback. Featuring a broad frequency response with low handling noise, the Pro Series vocal mics deliver consistent performance on the road, night after night.
- The PRO 31/PRO 31QTR, PRO 41, and PRO 61 all feature Hi-ENERGY® neodymium magnets, MagnaLock™ switch design, two-stage ball-type headcase, gold-plated XLRM-type connector, and the AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp plus a 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter.
- The PRO 31 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is designed for close-up vocal performance and is available in two models for compatibility with consumer and pro electronics, PRO 31 (XLR-XLR cable) and PRO 31QTR (XLR-1/4″ cable).
- The PRO 41 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone features a step-up design providing natural, full-range vocal reproduction. Its superior internal shock mounting reduces handling noise, making the PRO 41 ideal for close-up vocal use in live performance.
- The PRO 61 Hypercardioid Dynamic Microphone is the premier Pro Series vocal mic, delivering excellent gain before feedback and outstanding stage presence for lead and back-up vocals. With its extended frequency response and hypercardioid polar pattern, which improves isolation of the sound source, the PRO 61 provides optimal clarity and smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
- The Pro Series instrument microphones are specifically tailored for clear, full-range reproduction of acoustic and amplified instruments. Mics from this series offer natural audio reproduction, low noise, and rugged, durable construction.
- Ideal for amplified and acoustic instrument pickup as well as for vocals and spoken word, the PRO 63 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone features a Hi-ENERGY neodymium magnet structure, a cardioid polar pattern, and a two-stage headcase to reduce wind noise and “popping.” It comes with an AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp plus a 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter.
- The PRO 25ax Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone is specifically designed for high-SPL applications. Tailored for kick drum, percussion, brass, and other highly dynamic instruments, the PRO 25ax delivers a warm low-frequency response with excellent presence. Other key features include superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback, versatile mounting options and effective dampening of mechanical noise with the AT8471 isolation clamp, rugged design and construction for reliable performance, plus a soft protective pouch.
- The PRO 35ax Cardioid Condenser Clip-on Instrument Microphone is ideal for sax, toms, brass, and percussion. The PRO 35ax excels in high-SPL applications and is perfect for active stage performances. A UniMount® clip permits accurate positioning while protecting the element. The PRO 35ax includes a power module, windscreen, soft protective pouch, and 5.9′ (1.8 m) permanently attached mic cable.
- The PRO 70 Cardioid Condenser Lavalier/Instrument Microphone is ideal for both vocal and acoustic guitar applications (clothing clip and guitar mount included). Designed to capture music and speech clearly, the PRO 70 features a switchable low-frequency roll-off, corrosion-resistant contacts from its gold-plated XLRM-type connector, battery or phantom power operation, and includes a power module, AT8411 clothing clip, AT8444 instrument adapter, battery, windscreen, pouch, and 5.9′ (1.8 m) cable permanently attached to the microphone.
- The PRO 8HEx Hypercardioid Dynamic Headworn Microphone is extremely lightweight and comfortable, and is ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers, and others who need the use of their hands during performance. Its low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads provide a stable, comfortable fit. The PRO 8HEx features a Hi-ENERGY neodymium element for articulate vocal reproduction and has a pivot-mounted flexible mic boom that descends from either the left or right side. The unit is also available as the PRO 8HEcW terminated for A-T UniPak™ wireless systems. The PRO 8HEx includes an AT8139L large windscreen, AT8139S small windscreen, AT8439 clothing clip, and 7.2′ (2.2 m) cable permanently attached to the microphone.
- The PRO 24 Stereo Condenser Microphone represents a price/performance breakthrough in stereo microphone technology. Designed for professional recording and field use, it offers the convenience of affordable, high-quality stereo pickup in a single microphone. A pair of cardioid elements in X-Y configuration provides the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field; the microphone’s circuitry ensures excellent sound quality. In addition, it has a compact, lightweight design perfect for camera-mount use, plus a built-in on/off switch for convenient operation. The PRO 24 includes an LR44 battery, AT8405a stand clamp, windscreen, soft protective pouch, and permanently attached 6′ (1.8 m) cable with 3.5 mm stereo plug at the output end. Like all Audio-Technica mics, the PRO 24 is rugged and built to endure the rigors of field production.
- The PRO 37 Small-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone is ideal for capturing acoustic guitar, overheads, piano, and group vocals. Employing a specially designed cardioid condenser capsule which reduces pickup of off-axis sounds, the PRO 37 provides professional accuracy for studio recording and live performance. With a low-mass element for superb transient response and rugged design, the PRO 37 excels in high-SPL applications. In addition, the PRO 37 has corrosion-resistant contacts from its gold-plated XLRM-type connector and includes an AT8405a stand clamp, foam windscreen, and soft protective pouch.
With state-of-the-art electronics and smooth, clear sound, the Pro Series benefits from more than 40 years of Audio-Technica’s intensive research and testing. Each Pro Series microphone brings the latest in electro-acoustic technology with features that break the performance-for-price barrier — MSRPs range from $59.00 to $239.00.