Prosounds has introduced the PS-1 Performance Synthesizer, the result of a collaboration between ProSounds and DASH Signature which has been designed with the advanced sound designer and electronic musician in mind.
The PS-1 is a VST instrument plugin for Windows featuring four high quality oscillators, a mixer, 2 resonant multimode filters (routable in both serial and parallel), two Low Frequency Oscillators (LFOs) and two ADSR envelope generators. The PS-1 also includes some advanced performance features, such as a powerful arpeggiator and trancegate, as well as an effects unit.
The inclusion of an effects unit in the PS-1 means that where effects have been used in the sound design process they can be conveniently saved within an instrument patch with each sound for easy recall. The effects unit features four high quality effects including an ultra fat double chorus, a superb digital delay with modulation, a distortion unit, and a reverb unit.
The PS-1 also includes over 1000 professionally designed factory presets covering a wide range of different sounds (basses, pads, leads, sound FX, arps etc.) and suitable for every genre.
- * 4 high quality oscillators each with 12 different internal waveforms, and over 70 extra external waveforms (WAV files).
- * All 4 oscillators have separate controls for volume, pitch (octave, semitone, fine) envelope amount, LFO amount, PWM amount, PWM mode (LFO, envelope, manual).
- * Separate mixer section with oscillator volume, mod amount, ring modulation (oscillators 2 and 4), boost and a noise generation unit.
- * All 4 oscillators can load custom waveforms (WAV files, 16 bits, 44.1khz, mono).
- * True mono-legato mode with glide.
- * Two resonant multimode filter units with low pass (12db, 24db, 36db), high pass, band pass, and notch filter types.
- * Both filter units operate in either parallel or serial modes (with mode selection and mix control).
- * Low pass (12db, 24db, 36db), high pass, band pass, and notch filter types with automatic gain reduction.
- * Optional keyboard tracking of cutoff frequency for each filter unit.
- * Both filter units have separate controls for type, cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, LFO amount and keyboard tracking.
- * Smooth filter option.
- * 2 envelope generators each with attack, decay time, sustain level and release time (ADSR), as well as velocity control.
- * Envelope 1 is dedicated to oscillator volume.
- * Envelope 2 is used for filter cutoff, resonance, pitch and oscillator PWM.
Low Frequency Oscillators (LFOs):
- * 2 LFO units each with control over rate, shape and delay.
- * LFO 1 is dedicated to PWM control.
- * LFO 2 is used for filter / pitch / volume with delay.
- * Both LFO units can be synced to master MIDI Clock.
- * Arpeggiator with mode selection (up, down, up/down etc.), octave range, and speed controls.
- * Trancegate with a 16-button grid. Option to sync speed to master MIDI Clock.
- * High quality distortion unit.
- * Digital delay with modulation.
- * Double chorus unit.
- * Reverb unit.
- * Digital display, that shows the value of each parameter during editing.
- * Up to 16 voices.
- * Global FX switch on/off.
- * Auto glide switch on/off.
- * MIDI learn functions.
- * Random preset generator.
- * Sound quality selector, for saving CPU usage.
- * Low CPU usage with advanced voice allocation.
- * Over 1000 professionally designed factory presets.
Pricing & Availability:
The PS-1 Performance Synthesizer is anticipated to ship in Q4 2004 at an MSRP of EUR €119.00. You can pre-order the PS-1 now at a special price of EUR €89.00.
For more information, and to pre-order, visit http://www.pro-sounds.net.