FabFilter has released of version 3.0 of its FabFilter One synthesizer plug-in. Version 3 adds a polyphonic mode and support for Mac OS X.
Originally released in March 2004, FabFilter One focuses on the best possible sound and filter quality. The updated design results in a pure and solid-sounding oscillator and a unique self-resonating cut-off filter that has been tuned carefully to achieve the character and warmth of a classic analog synthesizer. FabFilter One’s filter sounds raw but not cheap or ‘digital’, even at full resonance.
FabFilter One 3.0 has been enhanced with a new ten-voice polyphony mode, modulation generator synchronization, filter keyboard tracking, and velocity sensitivity for both volume and filter cut-off frequency. It also features a unique polyphonic portamento algorithm.
- (NEW) Ten-voice polyphony mode in addition to the original monophonic mode
- Aliasing-free oscillator with triangle, sawtooth, square, and noise waveforms with three pulse width modulation modes and additional white or pink noise
- Exceptionally fat and smooth self-oscillating digital 12 dB/octave low-pass filter, with (NEW) cut-off frequency keyboard tracking
- Extensive frequency, filter cut-off, and pulse width modulation by the envelope generator and modulation generator.
- The envelope generator can be inverted, and the modulation generator features both square and triangle wave forms with adjustable balance. (NEW) The modulation generator can now be synchronized to the host’s tempo and song position
- Smooth and evocative portamento feature, fine-tuned to perfection, which (NEW) works also in polyphonic mode so you can play sliding chords
- (NEW) Velocity sensitivity for both volume and filter cut-off modulation
- Smart parameter interpolation algorithms ensure responsiveness and smooth transitions when changing any parameter to avoid digital clicks and zipper effects, even with MIDI controller changes
- Straightforward and modern user interface with large knobs and buttons for easy and precise adjustments
- Platform-independent preset system with over 100 great sounds and the ability to save your own presets as well
- Sample-accurate MIDI handling
- Arbitrary sample rates
- High 24 bits per sample accuracy
- Complete documentation with included help file
- Free support with online discussion forum to share experiences and ask questions on http://www.fabfilter.com/support
- (NEW) Available for Mac OS X (Audio Units) and Windows (VSTi plug-in and stand-alone version)
FabFilter One 3.0 is now available for $59 (US) as an Audio Units plug-in for Mac OS X and as a VST plug-in and stand-alone version for Windows on http://www.fabfilter.com. System requirements are either Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or higher with an Audio Units host, or Windows XP, 2000, or 98 with a VST 2 host.