Need some sax in your mix? Linplug may have what you need!
Linplug has announced SaxLab, a
flexible and easy-to-use saxophone synthesizer that combines samples
and synthesizing techniques to create an expressive virtual instrument.
It will be available for PC (VST) and Mac OSX (both VST and AU).
SaxLabs key features include an easy-to-use interface, a wide range
of high-quality preset waveforms, an effects section that includes
chorus and reverb, as well as extensive real-time modulation options.
Special attention has been paid to making the performance controls as
rich and responsive as possible, so that the instrument can be
SaxLab is the successor to Dash Signature’s popular TubiLeSax VST
instrument, introducing many new features and an improved sound engine.
An upgrade path from TubiLeSax to SaxLab will be available for
registered users of TubiLeSax.
- Many different SoundSets for various saxophone instruments
- Monophonic multi-sample playback with internal four-voice crossfade
- Adjustable mix of three sound layers for each note: the Air layer, the Keys layer and the Pitched layer
- Air/Keys and Pitched sound layer crossfade point is set by MIDI velocity
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope
- Tonal characteristics of the instruments overall sound can be defined by the user
- Real-time control of the instruments brightness
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger, Alternate Control of PitchBend and Glide
- Random pitch deviation and body frequency deviation per note
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo
- Stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects
- Simple tuning selection via a “one-click” menu
- MidiLearn available for every control
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
Great SoundSets combined with an easy-to-use interface make the
LinPlug SaxLab ideal for musicians wanting to emulate real saxophones.
- VST2.0 or AU capable host software, a screen resolution of 800×600 or higher, 100 Mb free space on your harddrive
- [for Macintosh®]: Mac OSX® 10.2.6 or higher, 750 MHz CPU, 256 Mb RAM
- [for PC]: Windows 95® or higher, 750 Mhz CPU, 256 Mb RAM