Native Instruments has announced Traktor DJ Studio 2.6, the next version of its professional DJ software.
This update has the power to fuse two of the most advanced digital
DJ platforms into one complete solution – by making Traktor DJ Studio
fully compatible with the latest version of Stanton´s vinyl-controlled
DJ system, FinalScratch 2. Furthermore, Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 offers
several new features like live broadcasting via Internet, live audio
input with on-the-fly audio recording, a revised filter section, added
support for WMA and AAC audio files and several other enhancements.
The new features in Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 include:
- Compatible with FinalScratch 2
- Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 now works together with Stanton´s
FinalScratch 2 hardware. This makes the software fully controllable via
turntables and DJ CD players.
- Internet Broadcasting – With Traktor DJ Studio 2.6, the performance
can be streamed live over the internet, thanks to integrated support
for the Icecast streaming server protocol.
- Live Input / Live recording – An external audio signal can be
integrated live into the mix via a third dedicated mixer channel, which
allows for announcements, voice-overs, MCing and much more. The input
signal can even be recorded on-the-fly, and the recordings can be
dragged directly into the mix.
- Mix Recording – The mix can now be directly recorded into an audio
file on hard disc during the performance, as an alternative to the
existing non-destructive mix recording method.
- Enhanced Filter Section – Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 offers a revised
filter section which is sonically optimized for the treatment of full
- Support for AAC and WMA – Traktor DJ Studio now also plays tracks
in AAC format (Apple iTunes, non-DRM files only) as well as in WMA
format (Windows Media Player).
- Browser Favourites – The file browser now offers a special
“favourites” section where up to 12 selected folders or playlists can
be stored, which can then instantly be accessed via keyboard shortcuts.
- Playlist History – A new “history” function gives a detailed
overview about all recently played tracks. The list can also be printed
out or exported – especially useful for professional DJs who have to
take care of license payments to copyright associations.
The update to version 2.6 will be available in November 2004 as a free update for all registered users of Traktor DJ Studio 2.5.
For more information, please see http://www.native-instruments.com/traktor26.info.