Macbeth Studio Systems has introduced the latest in its line of modern analog synthesizers, the M5 Analogue Synthesizer.
The M5 combines features found on several synth classics, including the Minimoog and the Roland SH-101. It’s patchable, but has internal default routings that also lets it be used without any patch cords.
- 3 Voltage Controlled Oscillators- they go Low Frequency too!
- 2 LFOs with separate Rate controls as well as a Master Rate control
- 2 Voltage Controlled Filters- The main filter is of the 24dB/Octave
Self-Oscillating Transistor Ladder type and the second, ‘Utility’
Filter is a 12dB/Octave State Variable type that features Low pass,
High Pass, Band Pass and Notch responses.
- 2 ADSR Envelope Generators for sweeping the Filters, Oscillators,
Panning etc- yes, there is Voltage Controlled Panning on the Output
Stage!- and Spring Line Reverberation! The ADSR EGs feature 3 different
timing ranges- Short, Normal and Long Ring Modulator for creating all
sorts of clangorous tones and timbres
- Noise Generator giving outputs of White, Pink and Low Frequency Noise
Macbeth is now accepting advanced orders for the limited run M5 and the introductory price for the first 10 of this unit is £1995 GBP excluding VAT.
More information is available at the Macbeth Studio Systems site.