Tascam has introduced the MD-CD1, a rackmount unit that combines CD playback and MiniDisc recording. The unit features 12% pitch control, MP3 CD playback, RS-232 control and an optional balanced I/O board.
The Tascam MD-CD1 has a host of professional features like RS-232 control, digital I/O and an optional I/O board for balanced interfacing. CDs can be played back at up to 12% higher or lower, and can even be played back faster without changing the pitch for a “chipmunk” effect. Discs can be duplicated from CD to MiniDisc at up to 4x speed, and a wireless IR remote is included.
- MP3 file playback / ID3 tag display
- +/-16% pitch control
- Change Tempo without affecting the KEY
- Dedicated Digital & Analog outputs
- Transport control with PS/2 Keyboard
- Supports ST, MONO, LP2, and LP4 mode (REC/PLAY)
- Edit function
- Overwrite recording
- +/-12.5% pitch control
- Dedicated Digital I/O (optical) and analog I/O (RCA)
- PS/2 Keyboard input for title input and external control
- 4 x speed duplication
- MD-CD continuous playback
- Wireless IR remote controller
- RS-232C serial control
- Optional balanced I/O board (LA-MC1)
- 2U rackmountable form factor
More information is available at the Tascam site.