The latest computer interface solution from Tascam brings many of the audio and MIDI interface features of the FW-1884 to a rackmountable format with the new FW-1804.
It features four XLR microphone inputs with analog inserts and phantom power for professional condenser mics. An additional four line inputs are provided, plus ADAT and S/PDIF digital connection for a total of 18 inputs and 12 outputs. Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs round out the interfacing with pro touches like word clock and a guitar-level input. The FW-1804 includes TASCAM’s latest software bundle, including 48-track/96k Cubase LE recording software, GigaStudio 3 LE software sampler and dozens of Nomad Factory plug-in demos.
The FW-1804 features:
- 18-in/12-out audio interface
- Records at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- Four balanced XLR / 1/4″ TRS mic/line inputs with phantom power
- Four balanced 1/4″ TRS line inputs
- 1/4″ TRS insert jacks for channels 1-4
- S/PDIF and ADAT digital input and output
- Word clock in and out
- Balanced 1/4″ TRS monitor outputs
- Headphone output with level control
- Two MIDI inputs and 4 MIDI outputs
- Assignable Footswitch jack
- Includes GigaStudio 3 LE
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE 48-track 96kHz workstation software
For more information, visit the Tascam site.