Matt Darey delivers a greatest hits mix of euphoric trance tracks with The Very Best of Euphoria. The CD promises to be the very best – does it live up to its name?
Matt Darey is well known for his trance compilations, and with The Very Best of Euphoria he’s put together a set of two CDs that present many of the greatest hits of euphoric trance.
We’ve seen bigger best of trance collections, but many are packed with filler. This mix pulls in tunes from many top names, including Willam Orbit, Faithless, Robert Miles. There are plenty of great tracks, too, including Robert Miles’ Children, Delirium/Sarah McLachlan’s Silence, Binary Finary’s 1998, the William Orbit/Ferry Corsten take on Barber’s Adagio for Strings, ATB’s 9pm (til I come), and more.
Many of these tunes have appeared in multiple versions. In most cases, Darey has picked the most interesting trance versions of these tracks. In some cases, Darey picks versions that didn’t get a lot of exposure. This helps keep some of the more familiar tunes sounding fresh.
Darey does an excellent job of mixing the tracks, keeping things moving and creating an emotional arc to each CD. The overall mood is upbeat and brings home the mood of a good club. He brings a slightly harder feel to the second CD, which seems to turn things up a notch. Darey’s one of the leading trance mix DJs, and this release leaves no doubt why.
There are dozens of best of collections of trance cuts around, and Matt Darey has released his share. This best of collection is full of hits, and expertly mixed. Trance fans will not be disappointed. Darey calls this mix The Very Best of Euphoria, and until something better comes along, we have to agree with him..
- Robert Miles – Children
- Chicane – Saltwater
- Rui Da Silva – Touch Me
- Jan Johnston – Flesh
- Darude – Sandstorm
- DJ Jurgen ft. Alice Deejay – Better Of Alone
- Angelic – Its My Turn
- Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan – Silence
- DJ Sakin & Friends – Protect Your Mind
- IIO – Rapture
- Matt Darey Pres. DSP – From Russia With Love
- Chicane ft. Bryan Adams – Don’t Give Up
- Ian Van Dahl – Castles In The Sky
- Mike Koglin – The Silence
- Zombie Nation – Kernkraft 400
- Planet Perfecto – Bullet In The Gun 2000
- Push – Strange World
- Sister Bliss – Sister Sister
- Faithless – Insomnia
- Kosheen – Hide U
- DB Boulevard – Point Of Dub
- PPK – ResuRection
- Storm – Time To Burn
- Binary Finery – 1998
- Public Domain – Operation Blade
- Jurgen Vries – The Theme
- DJ Jean – The Launch
- William Orbit – Barber’s Adagio For Strings
- DJ Tiesto – Suburban Train
- Ian Van Dahl – Will I
- ATB – 9pm Till I Come
- Watergate – Heart Of Asia
- Faithless – We Come 1
- Fragma – Toca’s Miracle
- Agnelli & Nelson – Hudson Street
- Three Drives – Greece 2000
- Roger Sanchez – Another Chance