Apple’s first retail store in Europe will open on Regent Street in London’s West End shopping district Saturday, November 20. The Apple StoreRegent Street will be the first Apple store in Europe.
“We’re bringing the world’s most amazing retail experience to London on November 20 with the Apple Store Regent Street,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “This new store will provide millions of people the opportunity to experience Apple’s newest products like iPod photo and the iMac G5, and get help from the most knowledgeable Mac experts around.
The Apple Store Regent Street pairs the building’s original stone facade with a modern retail interior of stainless steel, glass and stone. The Apple Store Regent Street features:
- Two floors where customers can shop for and learn about the latest Apple® products and solutions, including dedicated sections for music, movies and photography;
- A 14-metre long Genius Bar, one of the most popular sections of Apple’s retail stores, where visitors can ask a Mac® Genius questions or receive product service;
- A new innovation to Apple’s retail stores, The Studio. The Studio is the creative hub of the store where customers can get free one-on-one help with their creative projects from highly trained Apple Creatives who specialise in photography, publishing, movie-making and music;
- Two specially equipped studio classrooms offering hands-on technical instruction for Mac beginners and professionals alike, led by Apple Experts;
- A 64-seat state-of-the-art theatre where customers can attend workshops, watch demonstrations of Apple’s latest products and attend special events;
- More than 250 free customer events during the first month, including a live performance by Steriogram on Sunday, November 21; and
- A Kids section with eight computers running educational software and games.
Apple plans to have knowledgeable Mac users on staff to help customers learn about the latest Apple products, including iLife ‘04. The Apple store provides visitors with a chance to test-drive Apple’s entire product line including the new iPod® Photo, as well as the full line of Apple notebooks and desktop computers.
Apple stores have hosted more than 51 million visitors since the first store opened in May 2001.
A complete schedule of Regent Street store events and classes is available at http://www.apple.com/retail/uk/regentstreet.