Precisionsound has released Monzter Guitars, a sample collection designed to provide an intuitive, playable “wall of guitar” sample-set.
The CD is produced by Thomas Johansson, a guitarist and producer with over 50 CD productions to his name.
The Monzter guitars SampleSet contains:
- Two programs for each format, Gigastudio, HALion & Kontakt.
- Fifths sampled both as long notes and staccatos.
- The long notes is un-looped and in 2 velocity layers for the notes and 2 velocity layers for the release notes. The staccato samples are in 4 velocity layers.
- Every note from B1 to E3 has been sampled for both articulations.
- A separate program for scrapes & slides in different speeds and direction.
- A total of 192 stereo samples in 24bit format (HALion/Kontakt)
The Gigastudio version is in 16 bit format.
- Gibson Explorer 1994 with Gibson pickups with Planet Waves leads
- Engl Fireball (modified by T. Folkesson)
- Mesa/Boggie Dual Rectifier, Peavey 5150 MK1,
- ENGL cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Shure SM57, Senheiser MD 421
- Neve 1272, Manley Massive Passive
- Cranesong Hedd 192 with pentode and tape