NAMM 2005: Randall has introduced the RM20 modular tube combo. Built specifically for the professional gigging and recording musician, this EL84 powered combo performs equally well on stage or in the studio.
Featuring a single modular channel with a footswitchable tube boost, the RM20 can take a lower to mid-gain module from pristine clean to sustaining lead tone at the click of a switch by simply activating the included tube boost function. Use the tube boost gain control to add a desired amount of additional saturation then adjust the boost level control for the desired boost volume.
For all modules, especially the higher gain tones, the tube boost function can be used as a volume boost without adding additional saturation by simply rolling out the boost gain and adjusting the amount of boost volume.
For studio use the RM20 features the XLR “Mic Eliminator” direct output circuit as well as a speaker on/off “Standby” switch for silent recording, to lay down real authentic tube guitar tracks without disturbing the neighbors.
This combo can be order with any combination of 13 tube preamp modules found below, providing an extremely wide-range of vintage to modern tube amp tones. Simply select the tube modules of your choice, slide them into the front panel and tighten the two thumbscrews. Change or replace the tube modules any time you like when a different tube tone is needed.
All MTS Series amps and modules are 100% pure tube tone!
- RM20 Features and Specifications:
- Single modular channel
- 15 watts
- Ruby EL84 power tubes
- 12” Celestion® GreenbackTM speaker
- Master “Density” & “Presence” controls
- Footswitchable Tube Boost function
- “Boost Gain” control for desired distortion
- “Boost Level” control to adjust the boost volume
- Dual function “Standby” switch for live and silent mode
- Series effects loop
- XLR “Mic Eliminator” direct output
- 8/16 ohm ext. speaker output
- Slave output
- Rear panel power tube bias test points.
- World voltage AC input selector (100/120/220/240V)
For more information, check the Randall site.