NAMM 2005: Cakewalk, developer of the leading music and sound software for Windows, today unveiled the Project5 Version 2 performance workstation. The next-generation of the Project5 open studio environment features a streamlined design, optimized for immediacy. Project5 Version 2 has a $429 MSRP U.S. and is scheduled for release in April 2005. Customers that purchase full retail packages of Project5 Version 1 or 1.5 after February 1, 2005 will receive a free upgrade to Project5 Version 2 directly from Cakewalk.
Project5 soft synth workstation was introduced in 2003 to address the needs of musicians looking for new, cutting edge environments to create, compose, and perform with live soft synths. Project5 version 1 delivered an innovative, open synth host that combined the best of live input MIDI recording, pattern based sequencing, and ACID loop support, along with great sounding synths and samplers.
Project5 Version 2 presents the next stage of Project5’s evolution offering the following key enhancements:
- Streamlined user interface
- High performance engine
- Integrated multitrack audio
- Multipad pattern triggering
- Loop reconstruction
- Dynamic arpeggiator
- Multimode sampling synthesizer
- PSYN II subtractive synthesizer
New UI—Project5 Version 2 sports a streamlined user interface with all views and tools integrated to provide the most intuitive workflow possible.
High Performance Engine—With Version 2, Project5’s audio engine has been customized to stand up to the real-time rigors of live performance.
Integrated Multitrack Audio—multitrack audio recording and editing tools have been intelligently incorporated, providing all the tools you need to take projects from inspiration to completion.
Multipad Groove Trigger—real-time, per-track pattern triggering pads have been fully integrated into Project5’s workspace; drag-drop between song arrangement and Multipad; populate cells with audio clips and MIDI patterns without any disruption to the audio engine; live control via MIDI remote control.
Loop Reconstruction—per-slice control of pitch, pan, and gain; rearrange and nudge slices; export new ACID™-format loops, seamless drag-drop rearrangement; export new ACID™-format loops.
Dynamic Arpeggiator—performance-oriented, per-track arpeggiator that allows real-time control of notes and automation parameters; includes hundreds of patterns and classic algorithms.
Multi-mode Sampling Synthesizer—the first rgc:audio-engineered plug-in to be included in a Cakewalk product (see related rgc:audio acquisition announcement); a robust world-class instrument featuring a versatile engine, graphical modulation section, and internal effects stages. Mix and layer rich tones using up to four voices from quality stereo samples, wave guide synthesis, and analog style synthesis; includes an extensive array of acoustic, electric and electronic instruments, loops, sound effects, and sound-scapes; heavy on features, light on CPU.
PSYN II—provides classic analog sounds and evocative new sounds through full-featured subtractive synthesis modeling. New for version 2: drive, delay, and modulation effects settings provide expanded sonic horizons.
Additional enhancements include: freeze, tap tempo, track inspector view, in-track automation, drag and drop patterns between plug-ins and Project5, more.
Plus the key features that defined Project5 Version 1
- The most complete pattern sequencing and arranging tools available
- Advanced synth layering and keyboard mapping
- Track patches for quick preset recall of mix, synth, and effect chain settings
- Open support for DirectX and VST instruments and effects
- ReWire client capabilities
- Studio-quality instruments including DS-864™ multi format digital sampler, nPulse™ analog modular drum synthesizer, Velocity™ drum sampler, Cyclone™ DXi groove sampler.
- Support for industry standard sample formats
- Pattern and loop-based creation tools that include the P-SEQ™, pattern sequencer and unsurpassed ACID-compatible loop integration
- Automatable effects: Envelope/LFO Filter, Stereo Delay/Echo, High Frequency Exciter, Classic Phaser, Studio Reverb, Stereo Chorus/Flanger, Stereo 7-band Graphic EQ, Stereo 2-band Parametric EQ and Compressor/Gate
For more information, visit the Cakewalk site.