Hercules Technologies has released the Hercules 16/12 FW, the first FireWire 24-bit 96kHz 16-In/12-Out audio and MIDI interface for PC and Macintosh.
“FireWire technology opens up new horizons for audiophiles in search of an external, powerful digital audio hard disk recording system,” states Bruno Ormel, Sound and Video Business Unit Director at Hercules. “Hercules is constantly striving to take advantage of the most innovative technologies in order to offer all the advanced features computer users are looking for. With Hercules 16/12 FW, Hercules is bringing this new standard in audio quality and performance to all musicians, whether they use a PC or a Macintosh, a desktop or a laptop. Hercules 16/12 FW represents the next level in high-quality digital music production and is the first fully-equipped, affordable external FireWire audio interface for all music lovers.”
Hercules 16/12 FW is the flagship product in Hercules’ groundbreaking new line of digital audio products. It is equipped with advanced features musicians need:
- Sturdy external FireWire audio interface mountable in a standard 1U / 19” rack unit.
- Up to 16-In/12-Out simultaneous multi-track recording on PC and Mac OS X via FireWire (IEEE 1394) connectivity.
- 24-bit 96kHz audio sampling with professional-quality converters.
- 16 independent inputs including 12 analog In, 1 coaxial In (stereo) and 1 optical In (stereo).
- 12 independent outputs including 8 analog Out, 1 coaxial Out (stereo) and 1 optical Out (stereo).
- 2 mic/instrument pre-amplifiers with switchable 48-volt phantom power via Neutrik™ combo (XLR/TRS) connectors with direct input for guitars (Hi-Z).
- 2 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Out via standard DIN jacks (32 channels In/32 channels Out).
- Word Clock I/O synchronization via BNC connectors.
- No latency with direct hardware monitoring.
- Compatible with all the most popular audio software applications.
- Full driver package for Mac OS X (Core audio) and Windows (ASIO2.0, GSIF, WAV, DirectSound).
What’s more, Hercules 16/12 FW is bundled with an innovative music software suite compatible with Windows and Mac OS X and more than 900MB of high-quality sound files:
STORM Special Edition (Arturia): Version 2.0 of STORM Special Edition is an all-in-one studio software solution composed of synthesizers, drum machines and effects (PC and Mac OS X support). STORM provides unlimited creative opportunities for sound synthesis along with extensive sample management capabilities (VST synthesizer, MP3 import/export – 500MB of sounds).
Live Special Edition (Ableton): Live Special Edition is a powerful audio sequencer that can be played like an instrument. On your own or with other musicians or DJs, live on stage or mixing in the studio – all you need is Live and a Mac or PC (16 tracks – 400 MB of sounds).
Hercules 16/12 FW is now shipping at an estimated street price of $599.00
For more information, visit the Hercules site.