IK Multimedia announced at the 2005 Winter NAMM Expo AmpliTube 2.0, a major upgrade to the guitar amp modeling plug-in. Completely redesigned, version 2.0 features 20,000 amp combinations, more stomp and rack effects, plus more professional features.
AmpliTube 2 offers more than 20,000 amp combinations with more exclusive separate Pre-Amp, EQ, Power Amp and Cabinet models that allow the possibility to mix and match any amp modules and craft virtually any kind of amp sound.
AmpliTube 2 now has two completely independent signal chains. This means you can run your sound through two complete rigs including Stomps, Amps, Cabinets and Studio Effects. There are now dozens of different microphone placement options for the 6 new microphone models offered.
A total of 30 effects are now included in AmpliTube 2, combining models of boxes from the past with the latest technology. Compressors, Delays, Pitch Shifters, Octave Divider, Modulation, Reverbs, Rotary Speaker, Fuzz boxes, Overdrives, Stereo Image processor, Limiter and many more.
AmpliTube 2 now has two completely customizable 6-stompbox pedal-boards. This means that by simply switching a preset you will be able to completely repatch all of the stompboxes. The same is true for the rack effects, which are now offered in a 2-chain configuration with 4 programmable effects each, for a 8 studio effects setups.
- 5 Modules: Tuner, Stomp, Amp, Cabinet+Mic and Rack effects
- More than 20,000 amp combinations
- 2 configurable rig chains with Double Amp+Cabinet possibility for extra long series of effects
- 18 Pre-Amps, 16 EQs, 5 Power Amp models (Amp models based on Fender Supereverb, Fender Deluxe, Fender BassMan, Mesa Double Rectifier, Marshall JCM 900, Vox AC30, Vox AC 10, THD Bivalve, Supro and many more.)
- 16 cabinets
- 20 analog-modeled stomps on 6+6 slots with flexible routing (Wah, Chorus, Chorus 2, Delay, Flanger, Overdrive, Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Compressor, Compressor 2, Envelope Filter, LFO Filter, Envelope Flanger, Crusher, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shifter, Octaver, Fuzz, Distortion, and Volume).
- New analog-modeled vintage effects models (Stomp models based on accurately emulated MXR, CE1, Dynacomp, Memory Man and many more.
- 10 Rack effects on 4+4 slots with flexible routing (Parametric EQ, Stereo Reverb, Stereo Delay, Rotary Speaker, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Phaser, Stereo Flanger, Autopan, Stereo Enhancer, and Compressor).
- New modeled Microphone selection with 6 models and multiple microphone positions (Microphone models based on accurately emulated Shure SM57, Electrovoice RE20, Sennheiser Blackfire, Neumann U87, AKG C414, Neumann K0184)
- All effects now BMP syncable
- Global and Module presets
- 400 factory presets and up to 4,000 programmable presets.
AmpliTube 2 is expected to be released in the spring of 2005. MSRP will be $/Euro 399.
For more information, visit the Amplitube site.