DigiTech introduced the DF-7 Distortion Factory pedal at the recent 2005 Winter NAMM Expo. With the new DF-7, DigiTech has modeled seven of the all-time greatest distortion and overdrive stompboxes and packaged them in one convenient effects pedal.
Designed for guitarists looking for a wide variety of tones ranging from mild to wild, the DF-7 Distortion Factory models all the nuances, drive and vibe reminiscent of the original seven pedals, including models based on the Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250, Boss DS-1, Pro Co Rat, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, DigiTech’s own Metal Master, and Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi.
- Model one is based on the Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer — famous for delivering a warm natural tube overdrive sound, this setting is ideal for boosting the guitar’s signal without adding a lot of distortion.
- Model two is based on the DOD Overdrive Preamp/250 — delivers a smooth overdrive/distortion typical of the guitar sounds of the mid-70’s.
- Model three is based upon the Boss DS-1 Distortion — one of the most famous all-purpose distortions with plenty of gain yet maintaining the dynamic nuances of your guitar’s tone.
- Model four is based on the Pro Co Rat — a blend of warm growl to edgy punch makes this a versatile distortion.
- Model five is based on the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone — a high gain modern stack distortion for today’s metal guitarist.
- Model six is based upon the DigiTech Metal Master — this distortion pedal model features a solid midrange boost for a sustaining lead tone with harmonics and easily controlled feedback.
- Model seven is based on the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi — experience that great 60’s retro fuzz tone with this model.
The DF-7 Distortion Factory features include a seven position Model knob, as well as dual amp and mixer outputs with DigiTech’s award winning CIT cabinet modeling, allowing direct connection to mixing consoles utilizing a variety of popular speaker cabinet models. Plus the DF-7 is the first X-Series to feature three dual concentric pots for Gain, Level, Low, High, Mid, and Mid Frequency EQ controls.
Housed in a rugged cast-metal enclosure with a unique carbon-fiber look, the DF-7 Distortion Factory has a non-slip rubber base and is built to withstand years of rigorous use. Powered by a 9 Volt battery or optional DigiTech PS200R Power Supply, the DF-7 Distortion Factory is available immediately at authorized DigiTech dealers and comes with a one-year warranty, supplemented by an additional five years of coverage with a mail-in or online registration.
For more information, visit the Digitech site.