Voxengo has announced an update to its reverb impulse creation tool, Impulse Modeler. Impulse Modeler allows you to design your own room impulse responses ranging from small rooms to large echo halls to small “intimate” cabinets to echoing soundscapes. You have the opportunity to design materials and room’s geometry. A range of other options is also available.
This update increases calculation speed by 25% or more, especially on heavy geometry designs. Impulse Modeler now features emitter groups which allow you to create several differently positioned impulses using the same design.
Another useful improvement in this version is the implementation of polar patterns for receptors. These polar patterns partially recreate common microphone polar patterns and can be used for the same purpose during impulse design.
- Easy-to-use vector graphics editor
- Grid support for even easier editing
- 8 frequency bands for precise material definition
- 8, 16, 24 and 32-bit output
- 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000 Hz output sampling rates
- Many example designs and materials
- Overall room size is controlled with a single slider
Impulse Modeler is available on-line for US$39.95.
More information is available at the Voxengo site.