Native Instruments has announced details on the library of the upcoming Kontakt 2 software sampler. The factory library will set new standards in terms of sound quality and versatility, weighing in at more than 15 GByte and making extensive use of the new “Kontakt Script Processor” (KSP) for a wide range of advanced performance effects.
A special version of the world-renowned VSL orchestra, a studio-quality Steinway Grand Piano, the innovative “Elektrik Guitar”, and a church organ sampled in 5.1 surround are only some of the highlights of what will be the most powerful factory library of any sampler on the market.
The Kontakt 2 library will include:
- A special version of the Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) specifically made for Kontakt 2, offering a full symphonic orchestra with supreme audio quality and playability. The VSL orchestra in Kontakt 2 includes 30 instruments and takes advantage of the KSP engine for sophisticated performance effects including “Monophonic Legato” and “Repetition”
- A meticulously multi-sampled Steinway D Grand Piano that uses both the KSP engine and the integrated convolution engine to recreate the soundboard and sympathetic resonance of the sustain pedal samples
- An August Foerster Concert Piano with 10 velocity layers and a dedicated KSP module for control of release volume and sympathetic resonance
- The “Elektrik Guitar”, an extensively sampled electric guitar which goes beyond the limitations of conventionally sampled instruments by utilizing the KSP engine for realistic playing behaviour, including various strumming styles as well as authentic handling of ghost notes, harmonics and flageolets
- The “Akkord Guitar”, a KSP-based instrument that draws on a library of more than 3.500 acoustic guitar chord samples and allows for convenient creation of rhythmic guitar tracks due to an intelligent chord recognition mechanism
- A selection of church organs, including a massive cathedral organ sampled in full 5.1 surround for a truly overwhelming sonic experience
- A selection of electric pianos, including the Rhodes MK II from NIs acclaimed ELEKTRIK PIANO
- The “Automatic Harp”, a concert harp with unparalleled acoustic detail that enables extremely realistic glissandi and bisbigliandi thanks to a special KSP module
- A large assortment of tempo-synchronized loops from a huge variety of musical styles, taken in part from the Zero-G libraries “Altered States”, “Sound of the 70s” and “Total Drum & Bass”, all making extensive use of the Kontakt 2 Time Machine and Beat Machine modes
- A library of high-quality surround effects, recorded with the SPL-Brauner Atmos 5.1 microphone system
- A wide selection of synthesizer sounds sampled from classic vintage analog and digital synthesizers, including a special modular synth bank designed by Kevin Lamb
- An extensive assortment of both electronic and acoustic drum kits and percussion sounds, taken in part from the BATTERY 2 library
- A selection of over 300 impulse responses, providing a wide variety of reverbs, filter, special effects and instrument resonances for the integrated convolution effect module.
More information is available at the Native Instruments site.