Marantz Professional has introduced high-resolution PMD671, the latest in the lineage begun with the PMD670. Like its predecessor, the PMD671 records to Compact Flash cards, has no moving parts, and offers multiple recording modes, long record times — up to 36 hours of stereo recording on a 1 GB Compact Flash card — and long battery times — up to six hours with standard AA alkaline batteries.
Designed for the demanding user, the PMD671 offers a long list of professional features such as Virtual Third Head (VTH) confidence monitoring, Time-Shift Playback, which allows the user to back up and listen to passages while continuing to record an event, XLR microphone inputs with phantom power, built-in condenser microphone, RCA line inputs, USB 2.0 connectivity for ultra-fast audio transfer to a PC, and an optional wired remote.
More than just a simple update of the PMD670, the PMD671 takes Compact Flash field recorders to new heights by providing high-resolution recording capability. The unit is capable of 24-bit, 96 kHz PCM recording for unrivaled audio quality; a 1 GB Compact Flash card can provide up to 30 minutes of record time at high-resolutions. New microphone preamps have been designed for the PMD671 to take advantage of the unit’s unparalleled audio fidelity.
- 24-bit, 96 kHz PCM capable for unrivaled fidelity
- “Virtual Third Head” for confidence monitoring
- Read-after-write capability for random access playback while recording
- No moving parts-no maintenance
- Built-in USB 2.0 port for ultra-fast, easy file transfer to PC
- Records uncompressed 16 and 24 bit PCM .wav files at 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Records mono .mp3 files at 64 kbps
- Records stereo .mp3 files at 128 kbps
- Uses inexpensive, widely available Compact Flash media (CF)
- A 1 GB CF card can hold almost 30 minutes of uncompressed stereo (24 bit, 96 kHz)
- A 1 GB CF card can hold almost 90 minutes of uncompressed stereo (16 bit, 44.1kHz)
- A 1 GB CF card can hold over 17 hours (stereo) or 36 hours (mono) .mp3
- 4 to 6 hour battery life with standard AA alkaline batteries
- Two XLR mic connections with +48v phantom power
- Dramatically upgraded microphone preamps
- RCA line I/O
- Built-in monitor speaker
- Optional RC600 wired remote control with peak indicator
- Future timecode upgrade planned.
More information is available at the D&M site.