DUY has announced a new mastering plug-in for TDM: DUY MagicEQ, a Statistically-Adaptative Automatic Equalizer. MagicEQ automatically equalizes your mix and lets you adjust the result to give your own extra “touch” to the sound, making the equalization process fast and simple. DUY MagicEQ is shipping now.
To use DUY MagicEQ, you simply insert the plug-in, play your music and click on a LEARN button, which starts a process of analysing the music, resulting in an auto-equalization of the song. After the EQ’ing has “magically” taken place, the result can be adjusted using the provided EQ knobs.
With a previously unknown precision and processing complexity, DUY MagicEQ is a new high quality software plug-in for TDM OSX systems. It is not a standard EQ: MagicEQ will equalize two different musical pieces of audio in different ways. In other words, depending on the music being processed, the type of equalization calculated by MagicEQ will vary completely. This is one of the main features that makes DUY MagicEQ so different from classic EQs.
Once MagicEQ has run through the song and analysed it in realtime, the engineer simply has to decide how he would like MagicEQ to finish the equalization of his mix, by tweaking a few buttons. MagicEQ does the rest. Of course, MagicEQ will not make decisions in the name of the engineer, but it will certainly do the “dirty job” of having to move thousands of faders up and down.
MagicEQ lets the engineer’s mind free from the usual troubles in traditional mixing and mastering, such as lack of precision and errors in the mixes, due to inconsistencies or monitoring and room non-linearities, acoustic resonances, certain equipment’s undesired effects, differences in the sound levels, or simply due to human hearing fatigue.
If a mix is already very good, MagicEQ will make it sound even better. But if the mix has any deficiencies, MagicEQ will thin them out and correct them automatically.
Until today, it hadn’t been commercialy profitable to create automatic mastering tools, because the cost of the technology was too high. DUY has made this possible, thanks to the simultaneous use of 3 technologies, as a result of 4 years of intense investigation:
- DUY’s new OFIR (Optimal Frequency Impulse Renderer) technology allows to render audio with zero-latency, enabling the processing of amazingly complex equalizations. The great advantage of the OFIR technology is its great resolution and definition, preserving a virtually zero delay.
- “Adaptative Spectral Matching” (ASM) technology: Statistically analyses the input signal in realtime. By combining this analysis with the OFIR technology, DUY can achieve an adaptative spectral match. Therefore, the overall mix of a certain piece of musical audio can be transformed to sound like the mix of another one.
- The “Historical Audio Statistics” (HAS) Technology has allowed DUY to make a complete statistical analysis of the spectral contents of the best and most successful productions in the history of recorded Music. The result of this study has enabled DUY to objectively define which are the “colours” or Spectral Atmospheres that can be found in all the successful music pieces of a certain style, throughout history.
The ASM and HAS technologies turn DUY MagicEQ into a totally different audio processor in comparison to any other in the market. At the same time, the spectral bands and colours produced by MagicEQ can’t be found in any other existing audio processing device.
More information is available at the DUY website.
- Available for TDM systems running OSX.
- System requirements equal to the host sequencer.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 KHz.