Berklee College of Music has introduced a new class, Hip-Hop Writing and Production. Students learn the techniques that hip-hop producers use to create hit songs.
“Learn writing and production considerations unique to hip-hop, how to analyze and recreate different styles of hip-hop, and how to use this foundation to produce your own songs using Propellerhead’s Reason software.”
Students learn to:
- Use writing and production criteria to analyze and recreate hip-hop songs
- Program drum beats and loops using Propellerhead’s Reason software
- Create bass, guitar, keyboard, and horn parts for hip-hop arrangements
- Use proper mic placement and production techniques for recording rap vocals
- Apply hip-hop mixing and mastering techniques to songs
The class is a 12-week, 3 credit class.
More information is available at the Berklee site.