AES Update: Blue Microphones has introduced the OmniMouse Microphone. Based on the unique and versatile design of the popular Mouse Microphone, the OmniMouse is a pressure-gradient condenser microphone featuring a rotating omni-directional capsule enclosed within a spherical grille. This is the same B4 capsule used in Blue’s Bottle microphone system. This recording tool combines the low noise and superb transient response of modern electronics with the crisp, open high end frequency response.
The smooth frequency response and increased focus in the high end of the OmniMouse make it ideally suited to classical ensemble and larger orchestral recording. Its ability to capture direct sound as well as the ambient environment are perfect for recording sources where the room sound is desired; anything from live drums and percussion, to vocal groups and horn sections. The OmniMouse works well in a single mic set up, as a stereo pair, or in a Decca Tree formation.
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure Gradient
- Directional pattern: Omni
- Freq range: 20-20000Hz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm : 8mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 150 ohms
- Rated load impedance: not less than 1kohms
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 74dB-A
- Noise level DIN/IEC 651: 20dB-A
- Maximum SPL: 145dB (THD 0.5%)
- Dynamic range: 96dB
- The Shock: custom shock mount
- Cranberry Cable: high definition mic cable
Price and Availability
The OmniMouse will be available in January, 2006 for $1699 MSRP.
More information is available at the Blue Mic site.