Cycling ’74 has introduced Hipno 1.0, a new suite of over forty effects and instrument VST plug-ins for VST, AU (Mac only) and RTAS host applications. The package features a mix of granular, spectral, and filter/delay-based plug-ins featuring the unique Hipnoscope user interface.
Also included in the package is a set of processors that utilize live video input as a control source, and a new set of modulator plug-ins sure to captivate both the novice and long-time users of Cycling ’74’s Pluggo and Mode plug-in collections.
Some highlights of the Hipno collection include:
- Morphulescence: a cascaded bank of LFO-modulated morphing filters.
- Vsynth: a plug-in that uses a live video feed as the spectral source for synth inspirations.
- Deluge: a quartet of granular processing engines wrapped into one package.
- Shypht: a pitch-shifting effects system enlivened by pitch quantization, filtering, and feedback looping.
- VcolorTrack and Modulator Vmotion: a pair of modulator plug-ins to morph and control Hipno, Mode, or Pluggo plug-ins using video color or motion tracking
In addition to the host-sync capabilities and the ability to use Cycling ’74’s modulator plug-ins for control, many of the Hipno plug-ins offer the unique Hipnoscope interface to create, control, and explore complex preset morphs and interpolations with a flick of the wrist. The Hipno collection also extends the visionary signal processing and instrumental possibilities of the Pluggo and Mode plug-in collections.
Price and Availability
Hipno is now available for a MSRP of $199. A demo version is available.
More information is available at the Cycling ’74 site.