Retro-King has introduced the Plexi 45, a replica of the mid 60’s JTM 45 amplifier. This amp is hand-wired point-to-point on a vintage style turret board and is built to the exact specs of the original (Retro-King adds a 100 pico cap across the normal volume for added clarity).
The output tranny is built for Retro-King by heyboer with the 6.6k primary plate load which is optimal for the kt-66 power tubes. As in the originals, the filtering in the first cap is a double 32mf cap and the second is a double 16mf cap. This amp uses the early “plexi” tone control values along with the standard preamp values. You can also order this amp with the optional negative feedback control adjustable from the stock 27k to 47k. This will give an increase in gain. The Plexi 45 is also available in a 2×12 combo.
- 2 channel 4 inputs (high & low)
- High treble & normal channels
- (2)Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and presence
- 2 Matched KT66 power tubes (valve art)
- 3 JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 1 GZ34 rectifier tube
- Heyboer transformers (original radiospares specs) (120/240 volt primary)
- Output Tranny has correct 6.6 k primary
- 4, 8 or 16 ohm selector
- Two speaker outputs
- Optional negative feedback control (27 to 47 k)
- Plexi panels
- Original JTM 45 Plexi specs
- Correct filtering
- Mallory caps allen bradley carbon comp resistors
- Aluminum chassis
- Hand wired point to point (Teflon wire)
- Baltic birch cabinet (black Levant Tolex)
The Plexi 45 Lists for $1,495
All Retro-King Amps carry a 5 year limited warranty – 1 year on speakers, and 90 days tubes.
More information is available at the Retro-King site.