Griffin has introduced iTrip Auto, the latest addition to its lineup of iPod accessories that send your iPod’s audio output to your car FM tuner so you can listen to your iPod on your car’s built-in stereo.
Trip Auto accommodates every dock connector iPod, including iPod nano and 5th Generation iPods with video. The iTrip Auto combines an FM transmitter with an integrated charger.
iTrip Auto uses the audio line out from the iPod’s dock connector and optimizes the output volume. Speaker volume can be controlled solely from the car stereo controls, without having to adjust the iPod’s volume level.
- Dimensions: 2.75″ x 1.00″ x 0.5″ (69.85 mm x 25.4 mm x 12.7 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz
- Built-in antenna
- Power requirement: supplied through the auto power jack
- Modulation: FM Stereo
- Frequencies: 88.1-107.9MHz
- High stability crystal oscillator, phase-lock loop control
- Frequency response: 50Hz to 15KHz
- Operating range: 10-30 ft
- Replaceable fuse
- 3rd Generation iPod with touch wheel and buttons
- iPod mini4th Generation iPod with Click WheeliPod photoiPod U2 Special Edition
- 4th Generation iPod with Color Screen
- iPod nano
- 5th Generation iPod with Video
The iTrip Auto is priced at $69.99 USD.