IK Multimedia has announced that SampleTank 2.1 is now shipping. This upgrade includes enhanced application features and an enlarged 2 DVD sound set.
- SampleTank 2.1 offers a re-mastered and enlarged sound set now on 2 DVDs with an expanded 6.5GB sound library. Offering 2 GB of additional new material, more than 1,700 sounds and a total of 6.5GB of samples on 2 DVDs, the SampleTank 2.1 is more extensive and diverse than before. SampleTank 2.1 features more multi-sampled instruments, loops, phrases, percussion, traditional instruments, world percussion loops and a wider range of electronic and acoustic instruments in every category and style.
- Enhanced STRETCH engine with separate algorithms for multisampled note and phrase sounds with additional timbral control features.
- Improved Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch now includes grain control for better compatibility with a wider range of sounds
- Now available as a stand-alone application, for immediate playing, so you don’t have to launch a host application to use the program.
- The ability to create complex 16 part splits and layers with new Range controls
- New synth engine features with Syncable LFOs, 16 assignable stereo outputs and more
SampleTank 2.1 Features:
- 16 part multi-timbral sound module with layering capability
- Re-mastered and enlarged sound set with 6.5GB Library on 2 DVDs, over 1700 sounds
- Works both as a standalone application and as a plug-in
- Newly expanded 16 stereo outputs
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- 3 synth engines: Newly enhanced STRETCH™, Pitch-shift/Time-stretch and traditional Resampling
- New Range Controls for creating complex splits and layers
- Total sound editing features with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler engine controls
- BPM Syncable LFOs and Portamento feature
- Loop Sync feature for precision and flexibility
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing
- 32 built-in DSP effects, up to 5 per channel
- Full MIDI controllable, responding to MIDI Program change
- Imports WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI S-1000/3000 and SAMPLECELL formats
- User preset and module save features, also a convenient back up function.
- Customizable keywords and sound search function with integrated sounds database
- 256 notes polyphony
- Customizable display colors
- Available as VST, RTAS, DXi, AU
- For MacOS®X, Windows® XP
Price, availability, upgrades
SampleTank 2.1 XL has an MSRP of $499/€419 and SampleTank 2.1 L has an MSRP of $299/€249. Both are currently available in the IK dealer/distributor network worldwide. All SampleTank LE/SE and previous SampleTank 1.0 customers can upgrade to the new SampleTank 2.1XL for $299/€249 or the new SampleTank 2.1 L for $199/€169.
All SampleTank 2.0 L/XL customers will receive a free downloadable update to SampleTank 2.1’s application. Also, SampleTank 2.0 XL customers who registered after January 20th, 2005 are eligible for a free upgrade to the new DVDs of sound by simply filling out an online form.
SampleTank 2.0 XL customers who purchased before January 20th, 2005 can upgrade to the new plug-in for free and take advantage of a limited time offer to get the new sound set (available on 2 DVD’s) for $99/€79. SampleTank L customers who purchased before January 20th, 2005 can upgrade to the new plug-in for free and take advantage of a limited time offer to get the new sound set for $199/€169.
More information is available at the Sampletank site.