Apple has released a crossgrade to upgrade any version of Logic Pro 7 to version 7.2, native on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Other features are integrated support for the Apogee Ensemble FireWire interface, compatibility with Pro Tools HD 7 DAE, a complement of feature enhancements and improvements, and project compatibility with GarageBand 3.
- Universal compatibility – Logic Pro 7.2 ensures Logic users are poised to take full advantage of the powerful next generation of Macintosh computers as they become available.
- Integrated support for new Apogee Ensemble – Logic Pro 7.2 offers integrated support for Ensemble, the new FireWire audio interface solution from Apogee Electronics, providing superb Apogee sound quality, mix-and-match expandability, at breakthrough pricing. Multiple parameters — including headphone level, metering source, output levels, and even microphone input gain — can be manipulated from a control panel within Logic Pro.
- Digidesign Pro Tools HD 7 DAE support – Logic Pro 7.2 is fully compatible with the Pro Tools 7.1 version of DAE. All features are supported, including ESB and EXS24TDM.
- Serato Pitch ‘n Time support – Logic Pro 7.2 users can purchase a special Audio Unit version of the legendary Pitch ‘n Time plug-in from Serato — providing access to its extraordinary algorithms directly from Logic Pro’s Time and Pitch Machine or from the audio time stretch options in Logic’s Arrange window. This option renders rich and natural-sounding results, even at extreme settings.
- Improved Rewire support – Logic Pro 7.2 provides support for stereo Rewire objects — and now clearly labels the incoming Rewire streams to reflect the source application. In addition, you can create Rewire objects directly from the Create Multiple option in the Arrange window.
- Enhanced Control Surface support – The Arrange window in version 7.2 provides visual indication of which tracks are currently active on the control surface. This is especially useful with supported control surfaces that do not provide LCD or other feedback information, such as the newly supported iControl from M-Audio.
- 32-channel support for multi-channel Audio Units instruments – Users of multi-channel Audio Unit instrument applications will appreciate that Logic Pro 7.2 has an increased output capacity of up to 32 mono-channels.
- Playback of compressed files – Logic Pro 7.2 allows you to play back AAC and Apple Lossless files directly — with no need for conversion. This feature ensures project compatibility with Garageband 3 and offers great sonic quality with the convenience of smaller file sizes.
- Access two new Garageband 3 compatible effect plug-ins. – Ducking plug-in: The Ducker plug-in offers automated voice-over volume reduction functionality (“ducking”) on Output or Bus tracks. Speech enhancement plug-in: Speech Enhancer provides a simple option for cleaning up and enhancing recordings made with limited frequency range microphones.
- New royalty-free jingles and sound effects Apple Loops – Logic Pro 7.2 includes the same Jingles and Sound Effects library that ship with iLife ’06. A dedicated Effects button in the Loop Browser makes it easy to view and filter this new collection of sounds. The library includes more than 200 Sound Effects and 100 Jingles.
The Logic Pro 7.2 Crossgrade price is $49.