Musikmesse Frankfurt: CME has announced the newest members of their Matrix system – the Matrix K USB and Matrix K FW. Perfect for Podcasting or mobile recording, the ultra-compact Matrix K series sport a number of versatile features without a high price tag.
“CME continues to develop unique products at remarkable price points,” states Athan Billias, Director of Marketing for Technology Products at Yamaha. “The Matrix K USB and FW combine CME’s trademarks of innovation and affordability.” The Matrix K series feature two products with similar designs, but different digital connectivity giving customers the choice of USB or FireWire. The Matrix K FW is a FireWire audio interface and the Matrix K USB, while similar in design, is USB 2.0 based. The Matrix K USB can be expanded to FireWire with the KF400e FireWire expansion board giving customers the ultimate in creative choices.
Both Matrix K series units feature professional recording up to 24 bit, 192 kHz resolution and ship with a low-latency ASIO 2.0 driver compatible with PC and Mac. Similar to the Matrix X mixer, the Matrix K features a mic/line/guitar combo input with phantom power, an 1/8″ stereo line in, a stereo line out, and two headphone outs. All inputs and outputs have independent controls for dialing in the desired levels.
- Mic/line XLR combo input with +48V phantom power and gain control
- 1 stereo TRS (1/8?€) line input with gain control
- 2 channel balanced TRS (1/4?€) Line Output with volume control
- 2 sets of TRS (one 1/4?€ and one 1/8?€) headphone outputs with independent volume control
- Expansion slot for FireWire (upgrade option) computer audio interface
- Windows XP and Mac OS X compatible, ASIO 2.0 driver
- Ultra low noise and high quality recording up to 24 bit, 192 kHz
- Dual buses for stereo and monitor, direct hardware monitoring
- 1 set of signal and peak LEDs for left/right input channels
- Direct Monitor switch for professional pre/post monitoring
The Matrix K will be available in August, 2006 for $179.99 (USB version) and $199.99 (FireWire version) US MSRP.
The KF400E FireWire expansion is $99.99 US MSRP.