Cakewalk has announced a free 5.2 update for SONAR 5.
The SONAR 5.2 update for both 32-bit and native x64 versions of SONAR 5
Producer Edition and SONAR 5 Studio Edition will be available early
April 2006 as a free download for registered SONAR 5 customers.
SONAR 5.2 Update Highlights:
- VST 2.4 support, allowing for 64-bit double-precision audio quality
through VST effects and instruments, along with compatibility with
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. (Note: SONAR 5?€™s BitBridge
technology allows pre- VST 2.4 plug-ins to run in SONAR?€™s x64
- Support for MIDI output data from VSTi plug-ins
- Support for Waves VST plug-ins (Note: Waves DirectX plug-ins have always been supported)
- Support for up to 4,096 MIDI channels to any ReWire device (up from 16)
- Extensions to SONAR?€™s Control Surface capabilities allowing
Control Surfaces to receive multi-channel metering information and to
get/set punch states
- In addition, the update addresses issues reported by customers
after SONAR?€™s initial release specifically regarding VST automation,
SONAR?€™s Piano Roll and Inline Piano Roll, and Perfect Space
Pricing and Availability
Registered SONAR 5 customers can download the free SONAR 5.2 update in early April 2006 at the Cakewalk
site. SONAR 5 Producer Edition has a manufacturer’s suggested retail
price of $799 U.S. (MSRP); SONAR 5 Studio Edition is $479 U.S. (MSRP).