Violet Design has announced a new microphone, The Black Hole.
This microphone model is planned for manufacture in 2007. The Black Hole will be premiered to the public at 120th AES convention in Paris.
Black Hole features:
- Handy and compact
- Unique visual design
- Two opposite placed large, true electrostatic capsules inside the compact head
- New special capsule with single tap diaphragm and adjustable backplate
- Patented variable sputtering of diaphragm, using specially mixed alloy for coating
- New original shockmount / stand holder system
- 3 switchable polar patterns (Omni, Cardioid and Figure of 8)
- Phantom powered class-A fully discrete transformerless electronics
First measurements gave surprising high technical parameters – SPL
exceeding 136 dB, very low overall THD and superb symmetry of polar
Subjective tests are giving excellent references concerning
accuracy, sound transparency, dynamics and the right tonal balance with
perfect vocal presence.
You are welcome to our stand #1329 at 120th AES Convention (May
20-23, 2006, in Paris, Porte de Versailles) to evaluate the new Black
Hole microphone and other Violet, JZ, and Flamingo line products.
More information is available at the Violet Design site.