Sonica Audio Labs has introduced the VHPextreme audio workstation, powered by the Intel Pentium D965 Extreme Edition Dual Core Processor running at 3.7GHz per core, with 4MB of cache memory and with a 1066MHz Front Side Bus (FSB). In addition, the VHPextreme workstation incorporates Extreme XMS II DDR2-800MHz memory, SATA II and Quad Display support.
The performance boost gained by the VHPextreme workstation simply translates into more plug-ins to run, more VST instruments to run and more tracks to add, resulting in an overall increase on a user’s efficiency to minimize their total production time while maintaining rock-solid stability.
With its brushed aluminum case, it is time when words like stylish and sexy could be used to describe an audio PC. While being sexier than a standard beige or black PC, the VHPextreme audio workstation utilizes heat-pipe technology and ultra-quiet fans to keep a user’s audio production environment quiet.
The VHPextreme audio workstation also offers a range of ports to add additional hardware and interface to a studio gear. There are six USB2.0 ports, dual Texas Instruments FireWire IEEE-1394a ports, along with Quad Display support.
Sonica Audio Labs, LLC. configures the VHPextreme audio workstation with audio production in mind, shipping with customized BIOS and optimized Windows XP services.
- Intel Pentium D965 @ 3.7GHz per core
- Hyper Threading CPU 1066FSB and 4MB L2 cache
- Chip Set North bridge: Intel 975x South bridge:ICH7
- High performance aluminum Chassis with 18 db (A) 550W PSU
- 2GB DDR2-800MHz Extreme XMS II RAM -Dual Channel
- CDRW 52x48x24x DVDRW 16x Optical Combo Drive
- 80GB system drive with 8MB Buffer
- Serial ATA II 7200rpm 300GB audio drive with 16MB Buffer
- Serial ATA II 7200rpm 300GB samples drive with 16MB Buffer
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition tuned for audio production
- Six USB 2.0 ports
- Two 1394 FireWire IEEE-1394a ports by Texas Instruments
- Two Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit LAN ports
- Three PCI slots, Two PCIe x16, 1PCIe x1, 1 PCIe x 4 expansion slots
- 128MB Quad Display video
- 2.4GHz Wireless desktop
Price of above configured system is: $3749.95 MSRP – $3749.95 MAP.
More information is available at the Sonica Labs site.