Retro-King, a maker of custom retro-styled amps, has introduced the 45 Watt Combo is a replica of the famed 1960’s Bluesbreaker 2×12 combo. Unlike the reissue, this amp is hand-wired point-to-point on a vintage style turret board and is built to the exact specs of the original (a 100 pico cap across the normal volume is added for additional clarity).
The output tranny built for Retro-King by Heyboer with the 6.6k primary plate load is optimal for the kt-66 power tubes. As in the originals, the filtering in the first cap is a double 32mf cap and the second is a double 16mf cap.
This amp uses the early “plexi” tone control values along with the standard preamp values. You can also order this amp with the optional negative feedback control adjustable from the stock 27k to 77k (mounted on back of amp). This will give you more or less power amp gain. Eric Clapton beano tone to AC/DC, its all here.
- 2 channel 4 inputs (high & low)
- High treble & normal channels
- 2 Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and presence
- 2 Matched KT66 power tubes (valve art)
- 3 JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 1 GZ34 rectifier tube
- Heyboer transformers (original radiospares specs) (120/240 volt primary)
- Output Tranny has correct 6.6 k primary
- 4, 8 or 16 ohm selector
- Two speaker outputs
- Optional negative feedback control (27 to 77k)
- Plexi panels
- Original JTM 45™ Plexi specs
- Correct filtering
- Mallory caps allen bradley carbon comp resistors
- Aluminum chassis
- Hand wired point to point (Teflon wire)
- Baltic birch cabinet (black Levant Tolex)
- Your choice of two 12″ Weber or Celestion speakers
- Upgrade options are available
The “45 Watt Combo” Lists for $1,845.
All Retro-King Amps carry a 5 year limited warranty. 1 year speakers, 90 days tube.
More information is available at the Retro-King site.