CME, based in China and distributed in the US by Yamaha Corporation of America, is shipping the WIDI X-8, a full duplex wireless system for MIDI and USB communication.
The WIDI X-8 comes with two identical MIDI/USB devices that operate in four different ways depending on the users needs. First, each unit can work independently as a stand-alone USB to MIDI interface. With both units in MIDI/RF mode, a keyboard or MIDI controller can be wirelessly connected to rack modules, samplers, or other keyboards. With both units in USB/RF mode, USB data is transmitted between devices, allowing wireless communication between two computers in different areas of the home or studio. Put one unit in USB/RF mode and the other in MIDI/RF mode and you have a wireless interface to connect a keyboard or MIDI controller to a computer.
- Operates on 2.4GHz ISM license-free band
- Transmission range up to 262 feet (unobstructed)
- Low power consumption, high speed, error correction ability
- Built-in USB MIDI interface
- Bi-directional MIDI communication (MIDI in/out)
- Up to 64 pairs can be operating at the same time via 64 channels
- Three operating modes (USB/RF, MIDI/RF, USB/MIDI)
- OS X and Windows XP class-compliant for plug-and-play
- Powered by 2 ‘AA’ size batteries, AC power adapter (DC 5V) or USB bus-powered
The WIDI X-8 is now available for $249.99 US MSRP.
More information is available at the CME Pro site.