AraldFX has introduced Grand Electrix VSTi, described as the perfect emulation of the famous CP70 electroacoustic piano.
Grand Electrix is a sample based virtual instrument featuring a new stream from disk custom technology (“direct from disk”) – the powerful Arald piano engine – for very low memory and CPU usage. The samples are derived from the acclaimed Hollow Sun library “Definitive CP70”, which features every note, recorded with full decay over two levels of dynamics, of the classic Yamaha CP70B piano.
The Arald piano engine features direct from disk streaming of samples with adjustable buffer size for maximum performance on any system. Samples are streamed in real time from the hard disk, reducing the need for huge amounts of RAM in sample playback. Disk streaming may also be disabled for PC’s with huge amounts of RAM.
Aside from the original CP70 features, GrandElectrix offers chromatic fine tuning, octave stretching, a stereo mode, full control of the MIDI response to match the dynamics of your keyboard, and a built-in chorus designed specifically for this piano sound.
- 180 MB multisampled content with full decay, crossfading layers, and no loops
- Stream from disk custom technology for very low memory and CPU usage
- Complete control over velocity response, curve, min/max, and sensitivity
- Temperament Menu (microtuning)
- Stretch tuning adjustable for customizable “expression color” across the keyboard
- 3 Band EQ
- Tremolo Rate and Depth
- Chrous Rate and Depth
Released initially as VST for Windows; OS X AU and VST versions will follow.
Price: 79 USD
More information is available at the AraldFX site.