Acon Digital Media has announced the public release of EffectChainer 1.0, a free DirectX and VST capable universal wrapper and multi-effect rack.
With EffectChainer you can load, edit and chain as many DirectX and VST plug-ins you want. EffectChainer itself can be used as a plug-in in any host application supporting DirectX or VST.
- Universal wrapper and multi-effect rack
- Use DirectX plug-ins in applications supporting only VST plug-ins
- Use VST plug-ins in applications supporting only DirectX plug-ins
- Can be used from DirectX and VST compatible host applications—load as much plug-ins your computer can handle
- Processes audio successively by all loaded and active effects
- Supports mono and stereo inputs/outputs
- Easy to use interface providing access to all features (effect menu, options menu, mute/solo functions, drag & drop to change effect order, editor access)
- Effect editor including complete parameter and program (VST)/preset (DirectX) handling
- Possibility to save and load chains in the Acon Effect Chain file format, the common VST program/bank system or as static presets (DirectX version)
- Share effect chain files across different applications
Effect Chainer is available as a free download.
More information is available at the Acon Digital site.