Rain Recording has announced the launch of their UK and European operation. From the beginning of November, the entire range of Rain Recording digital audio/video workstations will be available in the UK and Europe from their new London based production center.
Rain Recording has been making a name for itself in the USA bringing their expertise to everyone from the home studio enthusiast through to the professional users and abusers of music technology. With a passionate, “no-compromise” attitude, Rain works closely with leading software and hardware manufacturers, rigorously field-testing the systems in their quest to provide the best experience possible for those using digital audio, video or media production on the PC platform.
Rain Recording has held steadfast to it’s goal of making a balanced machine that will remain “Quiet Cool” even in the most demanding audio production environment. In fact, recently Rain Recording was brought in to make sure the computers for the Cirque Du Soleil “The Beatles LOVE” show in Las Vegas, Nevada runs smoothly night after night. Gavin Whiteley, Music Playback Engineer for the show revealed, “At the heart of the audio system are two Rain Recording Element 64 custom built PCs with a Tascam GigaStudio… We selected Rain because its the best, most complete system for this application…”.
The range, which all feature the new Intel Core 2 Duo architecture, includes:
- Element T3 & T4 – Rugged, no nonsense, professional desktop studio system (optional rack kit).
- Element 64T5 – Fully qualified 64bit system running Windows x64.
- Element V1 – Desktop system tailored for video production and editing.
- Livebook L4 & L5 – Full featured laptop solution.
- Livebook Studio LS1 – Widescreen laptop solution.
- Event – MiniPC portable audio workstation and Media Center.
- AIRFOIL – Livebook cooling system.
- StormDrive – External Firewire/USB hard drives.
Systems start from as little as £899 (inc VAT)
More information is available at the Rain Recording site.