Digidesign has announced that Avid Mojo SDI video interface now provides extensive Avid video integration with Digidesign Pro Tools|HD systems, and is available through authorized Digidesign Pro Dealers. Avid Mojo SDI allows Pro Tools users to bring projects from any of the leading video-editing systems (including Avid Xpress and Avid Media Composer) directly into their Pro Tools HD sessions.
“Never has the full power of integrated Avid video been so affordable” says Gordon Lyon, Digidesign product manager for Avid Mojo SDI. “The ability to play back Avid video sequences directly in the Pro Tools Timeline has long been a major time and money saver. Now smaller facilities, edit rooms, and independent editors can have the competitive advantage of working with any standard-definition Avid video sequence on PC or Mac.”
With Avid Mojo SDI, Pro Tools users can open OMF, AAF, or MXF files created on any Avid Xpress or Media Composer system in Pro Tools and get sample-accurate playback of all standard-definition Avid video and frame edge-aligned playback of most standard-definition and high-definition QuickTime video. Avid Mojo SDI can also capture DV25-quality video directly to the Pro Tools timeline, offers a full complement of analog and digital video I/O connections — including component, composite, S-Video, and SDI (Serial Digital Interface), and is supported in Digidesign’s new Pro Tools HD 7.3 software release.
Digidesign Market Manager for Professional Products Gannon Kashiwa adds, “With support for the Avid Mojo SDI in Pro Tools HD 7.3, our customers can now take advantage of the serial digital interface as well as all of the video resolutions and file formats that were previously available only on the AVoption|V10. The interface capabilities and additional file support alone are a good step forward, but when you combine those with the recently added video-editing capabilities and the affordable price point of Avid Mojo SDI, it’s a no-brainer for Pro Tools users doing post-production audio.”
Avid Mojo SDI Features
- Support for OMF, AAF, and MXF files created with Avid Xpress or Avid Media Composer systems
- Provides integrated playback of all standard-definition Avid video, including JFIF (up to 1:1) and AVR resolutions, DV25, DV50, MXF, IMX, multicam, interlaced, and 24p/25p progressive scan
- Supports frame edge-aligned playback of most QuickTime SD and HD video resolutions, including H.264
- Supports DV25 video capture direct to the Pro Tools Timeline
- Serial Digital Interface, component, S-Video, and composite I/O
- Integrates with qualified Windows XP- and PowerPC Mac-based Pro Tools|HD systems running Pro Tools HD 7.3 software*
* Avid Mojo SDI is not currently supported with Intel-based Mac laptop and destop computers; support is planned in a future Pro Tools software release. For the latest compatibility information, please visit Digidesign’s website at www.digidesign.com/compato.