Skylife has announced SampleRobot Version 2.40, software that lets you “clone” keyboard instruments and turn them into software instruments automatically.
SampleRobot works as a copying machine for instruments, featuring advanced recording and auto-loop searching algorithms. A futuristic graphical user interface gives you fast, efficient, and logical access to all sampling parameters. SampleRobot is also equipped with semi-automatic recording functions for sampling of acoustic instruments.
- Auto-Loop for all: By using this function you can apply optimum loop settings intelligently from one sample to all other samples of a Multi-Sample or of a Project. This is a batch operation for Auto-Loop processes.
- Auto-Note for all: This is a batch operation to truncate silence from all samples of a Multi-Sample or of a Project at the same time.
- Tempo-based and beat-based marker editing: When editing loop markers, now you have a tempo and beat reference. You can see beat or tempo changing in real time when you move the markers.
- Wusikstation SND Format Export: Users of the virtual instrument Wusikstation can now easily create content for the Wusikstation directly in SampleRobot and SampleRobot Essentials. Therefore the new Wusikstation export dialog was added. All sample mapping information will be transmitted automatically, so that you can play your SampleRobot instrument creation instantly with Wusikstation.
- Tool Tips: From now on function descriptions, tips and operation instructions can be displayed when moving the mouse pointer over buttons and other areas of SampleRobot’s and SampleRobot Essentials’ graphical user interface. This is a quick help function not only for beginners.
- Key-Samples Rearrangement: Now it is possible to move, copy and swap samples on the Virtual Keyboard of SampleRobot and SampleRobot Essentials simply with a drag&drop operation.
- Remove Audio after Loop-Out: This option has been added to all export format dialogs. It helps to keep samples’ sizes small on your hard drive and also to save performance when loading Multi-Samples into your software sampler. When active, this function chops off all audio after the loop. This material would not be played anyway in most cases.
- WaveRobot Waveform Zoom: The maximum Y-axis waveform zoom has been increased by factor 20 allowing precise “microscopic” waveform edits.
- Selectable Skins: The appearance of SampleRobot’s and SampleRobot Essentials’ graphical user interface can now be modified by the user. At the moment there are 2 different skins available.
- Optimized ASIO support: New features have been added to SampleRobot’s and SampleRobot Essentials’ audio engine to extend the support for various audio interfaces.
- Render Loop only: This function is designed to export only the loops of samples (including crossfade rendering), for example to use them in Ableton’s Live.
- Clean Selected Project / Clean selected Multi-Sample: With the help of this operation you can free disc space by erasing samples that are either not selected or that are located outside the keyboard range.
- Compatible with Windows XP (also Intel Macs with Bootcamp or Parallels Desktop for Mac software)
- Supports all Windows plug and play MIDI and audio devices (WDM and ASIO support: up to 24 Bit, 192 kHz)
- Stand-alone application
- Minimum computer configuration: Pentium 3, 667 MHz, 512 MB RAM
- SampleRobot Version 2.40: $329 (Download version, SKYLIFE Online Shop)
- SampleRobot Essentials Version 2.40: $112.70 (Download version, SKYLIFE Online Shop)
- SampleRobot Essentials + WaveRobot Version 2.40: $168.48 (Download version, SKYLIFE Online Shop)
More information is available at the SampleRobot site.