PreSonus has announced Sonar support for the FaderPort USB Automation and Transport Controller.
The FaderPort is a single-fader USB controller that can write single and group channel volume, pan and mute automation. The FaderPort is loaded with an ultra-high quality Alps fader found in professional control surfaces including DigiDesign’s D-Command.
The fader in the FaderPort utilizes a dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast-acting, accurate, and smooth operation. The FaderPort’s 100mm long throw fader delivers 1024-step resolution for writing smooth, ultra-fine and accurate fades and adjustments.
The FaderPort ($229 MSRP) has been shipping since November this year and is currently compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo Logic Pro and Sonar.
- High-quality Alps fader used in control surfaces costing over $10K+
- Touch sensitive, 100mm long throw motorized fader
- Dual-servo drive belt motor design for fast and smooth operation
- Write single channel or group channel volume automation
- Write pan and mute automation
- 1024 steps of resolution
- Complete recording transport control
- Pan control, mute, solo, record enable
- Quick window selection (edit, mix, transport)
- Rugged metal top plate
- Rugged military-grade push buttons
- Footswitch jack for hands free punch in/out
- Compatible with all major recording software including Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Sonar and more
- Mac and Windows compatible
Installation file for Sonar support for the FaderPort can be downloaded at www.presonus.com/faderport-downloads.html.