The Jupiter-8 was a synth that not only inspired a generation of musicians ranging from Prince to Howard Jones, from Depeche Mode to Moby, it was also a unique machine that offered a sharp and crystalline sound while being uniquely phat.
Based on the latest version of TAE – Arturia’s technology for analog emulation – the Jupiter-8V offers a new generation of features: The integration of effects within the synthesis line allows for drastic modifications of the original sound; with Galaxy, a graphical tool made to program two LFO’s in the same time, you get a unique and innovative source of modulation; and with the modulation sequencer you can create new evolving sounds extremely easily.
“My favourite synth of all time is now a soft-synth thanks to the wonderful people at Arturia,” said Howard Jones. “As with all their soft-synth Arturia have given us a meticulously crafted software version of the Classic Jupiter-8 with some fabulous extra features to bring us into the 21st century. This is a must have for all of us JP8 lovers.”
The Jupiter-8V is loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of top musicians. Fully compatible with the main protocols and systems in the industry, it can be used as stand-alone software or as a virtual instrument.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony, and a Unison mode
- A unique audio structure featuring 2 oscillators per voice, 2 LFO’s, 2 filters and 2 envelopes
- Keyboard split and layer
- A set of Analog and Digital Effects available within the synthesis line: Bit Crusher, Chorus, Distortion, Param Eq, Phaser, Ring Mod.
- 2 Digital Effects to be chosen among Chorus, Delay and Phaser, and to be placed on the output of the synth
- Additional Live-oriented Step-sequencer, additional Galaxy module for advanced modulations
- Set to Control with your external MIDI keyboard in just a few clicks
- New Preset Manager
Required minimum configuration
- PC / Windows: 512 MB RAM ; 1,5 GHz processor
- Mac OS X: 512 MB RAM ; 1,5 GHz processor
- Windows 2000 and XP
- MAC OS X 10.3.9 or higher and Universal Binary
Formats: Stand-alone (ASIO, Direct Sound, Core Audio) VST, Audio Units, RTAS (ProTools 6 and 7)
MSRP: $249 / 199€