With the Woodpecker, Blue continues its style of introducing attractive vintage-styled microphones that look as good as they sound.
The Woodpecker was designed to provide the smooth, intimate sound associated with the most sought-after (and expensive) vintage ribbon microphones. With its focused mid-range, and outstanding bass response, the Woodpecker captures the essence of any recorded sound. It also excels at ambient recording, capturing room tone with the most intimate detail – whether for rock drums, guitars or vocals – any application where some natural space in the recording is desired. The Woodpecker package includes a custom made, solid brass shockmount and wood storage box.
- Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Pattern: figure 8, bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5k ohm): 26mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k ohm
- Noise Level A-weighted (IEC 651): Not more than 22dB
- Max Output (1% THD into 2.5k ohm): 10dBU = 2.5V
- Max SPL (0.5% THD into 2.5k ohm): 136dB
- Dynamic Range (2.5k ohm load): 114dB
- Supply Voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V min.)
- Current Draw (typical ai +48V): 2.4mA
- Weight: 1.6lbs
Availability: Q1, 2007