- Active Controller Technology (ACT)
- Control surface support
- Multiple audio input/output support
- Integrated VST hosting without need for adapter
- Pre- and post- effect sends
- Input Quantize
- Integrated MIDI output
- 3rd-party audio editor support
- Improved automation
- Independent track sizing
- User interface enhancements
- Dimension Pro LE (with REX support)
- Microsoft Windows® Vista™ compatibility
This marks the third major update for Project5 since its release in March 2003. For Version 2.5, Cakewalk went directly to Project5 users for feedback, and the majority of the new features are a result of this dialog.
Cakewalk has been taking an even more active role with the Project5 community by establishing a development blog which keeps users up-to-date on the newest features and their implementation. With this blog, customers can speak directly to the developers working on Project5, and participation is highly encouraged.
And Version 2.5 is just the beginning of what promises to be an exciting year for Project5 customers. Work is underway on a new Project5.com website and Cakewalk is committed to another free update later this year.
Pricing and Availability
Project5 Version 2.5 will be available as a free download to registered Project5 Version 2.x customers. Project5 Version 2.0 has an estimated street price of $199 U.S., and is available at select music and sound retailers.