Movement 07, Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival, has announced a lineup for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend May 26-28 festival at its home in Downtown Detroit’s Hart Plaza. The event will feature performances by legendary Detroit artists Moodymann live featuring Pitch Black City; Model 500 featuring the godfather of Detroit Techno Juan Atkins; and Jeff Mills, the hard-hitting wizard of Detroit Techno.
We’re never quite sure what the f*** they’re going to call the Detroit Electronic Music Festival year to year. It’s DEMF one year, Fuse-in the next, then it’s Movement…. For attendees, it’s just the Detroit Electronic Music Festival.
Other 2007 special performances include German producers Booka Shade, A Guy Called Gerald, Hardfloor, Misstress Barbara, Monolake and Richie Hawtin.
Moodymann (Kenny Dixon Jr.) is a Detroit techno/house artist known for his innovative use of reworked riffs, samples and grooves taken from the City’s historically influential jazz, soul, funk and disco scene. Rarely appearing live, his headlining performance at the festival is the first show in support of his upcoming studio album and will include a full stage show with a band.
Juan Atkins, who is widely regarded as the godfather of Techno, began in the 1980s recording what stands as perhaps the most influential body of work within the genre. Model 500 will headline the main stage on Sunday at the festival, highlighting the continuing influence of his music on a global scale.
Jeff Mills is a planetary superstar of techno, an unwearied hero of mega-events and an ace of the three-deck mix; his musical touch has been a force on this city’s dance scene for over 20 years. Jeff returns to Detroit to headline the festival with a main stage closing performance on Monday night.
Other Movement ’07 artists:
- A Guy Called Gerald – live
- Abe Duque & Blake Baxter – live
- Baby Ford & Zip
- Booka Shade – live – First time in Detroit
- Brian Sanhaji – live
- Butane – live
- Christian Smith
- Claude VonStroke
- Damian Lazarus
- D. Diggler- live – First time in Detroit
- Different World (Claude Young & Takasi Nakajima) – live
- Digitaline – live – First time in Detroit
- Gui Borrato – live – First time in Detroit
- Guido Schneider – live – First time in Detroit
- Hardfloor – live – First time in Detroit
- Jeff Mills
- Kate Simko – live
- King Britt
- Mirko // Lazy Fat People
- Loco Dice
- Losoul – live – First time in Detroit
- Marco Carola
- Mathew Jonson – live
- Michael Mayer
- Misstress Barbara
- Model 500 – live featuring Juan Atkins
- Monolake – live
- Moodymann – live featuring Pitch Black City
- Octave One featuring Random Noise Generation – live
- Onur Ozer – live – First time in Detroit
- Paco Osuna – First time in Detroit
- Pepo Lanzoni
- Pole – live
- Rhythm & Sound – 6 hour dj/live with vocalists
- Richie Hawtin
- Robert Rich – live
- Scan 7 – live
- Steve Bug
- Anthony Shake Shakir
- Stacey Pullen
- Vladislav Delay – live